The one where it's time

Hi! I told you the wait isn't long!

This chapter is dedicated to @seayceereads! I hope you wake up, find this, and it makes you smile for at least a second as if you really were opening a present your heart desired. It's just a tiny chapter in a silly story, but I'm writing this to you with so much love, happiness and appreciation as I can  possibly fit in my heart! Merry Christmas, beautiful!

As for this chapter, IT'S TIME! That's all I have to say for myself. Thank you for sticking by me. You mean the world to me and I couldn't be more thankful. 

I hope this brings you a tiny bit of peace.

Sean's P.O.V

The present

"HE SAID WHAT?!" my voice boomed off the walls as the words Devon had uttered over the phone swam around in my head and made a mess of it. An utter, unimaginable mess of pure hatred and pain for my angel.

"Yeah, Kylie heard most of it through the open door," he confirmedˇand I could almost see him wincing, "I only heard the most gruesome parts."

"He actually said she was an ungrateful bitch?" I asked, breathing through my nose as I tried to keep myself from smashing the phone in the palm of my hands as I paced the hotel room I'd called home for nearly a year.

"And a mediocre cock tease, yeah," he said, "Trust me, had I got to her room before he left, I would probably be in jail. Who the fuck does this punk think he is?!"

I could tell Devon was getting worked up all over again, but I needed him to be clear-minded to tell me the rest, so I cleared my throat and kept pushing.

"Did he hurt her?" Say no. Just fucking say no or I will die on the spot, I thought as Devon took a second to answer.

"No, I don't think so. He just pushed her around and spat crap at her." Jesus fucking Christ.

"Is..is she okay now?"

"Yeah, she and Kylie went on a spa retreat today, I think. Last night was just too much for all of us and Kaycee was a wreck."

My eyes squeezed shut automatically, my fingers gripping my hair as I swore under my breath. In that moment, I regretted every decision I'd made in the past 12 months, maybe even further back. Had I stayed, he would've never, ever hurt her. Maybe I would've in a different way, but no one would have laid a finger on her, much less forced her to kiss them. The thought of it was enough to awaken the killer instinct in me and I prayed, for his sake, that we'd never cross paths again.

"Sean? You okay?"

"Fuck no," I grunted, throwing myself onto the bed, still clinging to the phone. "Did she say anything else?"

"You mean did she beg for you to come home?"

Shit, did I want that? Did I want her to ask me to go back? Did I need that to go home?

I was about to say no. Or maybe yes, but Devon interrupted. "She didn't and you know it. She never will. She's more likely to come get you herself than ask you to come back. You and I both know she doesn't have it in her to believe you'd come when she told you."

"But I would. I'd do anything she asked, that's what got us into this damn mess," I admitted, just then realizing how painfully true it was. She'd written down words on a paper I happened to come across and I was out like the wind - just because she'd asked.

"I know and honestly, as the brother of the girl you love, that makes me really happy. But as your friend, I think you're a dumbass."

"I know, you've told me many times before," I replied, sighing as I recalled him saying that once a week for the past year. Every time, he ended the call by telling me how stupid he thought I was and while I believed I'd done the right thing, being so far from home without her really was stupid. The fact that I was scared of seeing her again? Stupid. The way my heart started beating twice as fast at the mention of her name? Stupid. Only sleeping with the sweatshirt she'd once worn? You guessed it. Stupid.