The nights you feel

*Insert apology for not updating here, again*  I don't even know what to say at this point. Life is kicking my ass and I just can't and won't write this with desperation in my soul, because this story is my baby and I want it to be good. I want you guys to enjoy it, which is the exact reason I'm currently doubting posting this, but oh well. 

This is a shitty filler chapter, but I just had to address this insanity that is Outnumbered. It might get deleted once I get my act together. 

Let me know which part was the worst! 

I love you!

Sean's P.O.V

Three years ago in Santo Domingo

"So guys, this is the first time I'm teaching this piece," I said into the microphone, shortly interrupted by deafening cheers, "but I hope you'll enjoy and that you find something in this song or this piece that speaks to you. Don't be afraid to make it your own."

I cued for the music to start, taking the new piece for a spin for the very first time outside of the fours walls of my garage. The familiar nervous excitement trickled up from my toes, all the way to neck and fingertips, right before I launched into the current that would take me away for the next 50 seconds as Dermot Kennedy sang about always having someone there for you, no matter where you are in the world. Lifting my arms as the first notes hit, my mind blanked for a millisecond, only to return with the clearest image of Kaycee Rice herself appearing behind my closed eyelids. It always had ever since I first heard the song, because on the nights I felt outnumbered, she was the constant I clung to and the solace I seeked. For me, this piece was all her. And once I opened my eyes to carry on, she was there, as always. Right in front of me and for the first time, it felt wrong.

The music went on and without any given thought, I flowed along with it, revelling in the awed faces and bursts of excitement amongst the other dancers in the room. Every few seconds, my eyes travelled to the smiling face of Kaycee and the emotion rose in another wave, only to spill out all over the dance floor. I could tell she caught it by the prolonged blinks of her eyelids. It was her tell when she felt emotional or vulnerable.

Then the music ended and everyone jumped up. Once again I'd reached the end of the piece with having barely any recollection of what had happened during it, but I could tell they loved it. Especially with a few of the younger ones already trying to run through it by their memory. Yes, it was adorable. No, not as adorable as Kaycee bouncing on her toes as she grinned and watched me over the shoulders of the two girls currently talking to me. Shit, I thought, realizing I hadn't been listening to a single word they'd said.

"...and the freestyle, oh my god, so good!" one of them exclaimed, helping me out big time.

"Thanks, guys," I said with a smile, for the millionth time thanking whatever higher power for giving me the chance to interact with so many people all over the world, even if there was only one I currently desperately wanted to talk to. Just to ask her what she thought of it.

"Of course!" they giggled and joined their friends, still talking to each other in hushed voices.

I wanted to go over and talk to my best friend, but luckily, I remembered I had a job to do. That was all it took for me to glance at her one more time, catching her eyes and returning her smile before I jogged back to the stage and we starter picking the choreography into pieces.

The entire time, I did my best to focus on the students, trying to map the parts that were a challenge, because I'd learned a long time ago that sometimes the things that seemed difficult to me were not the same for others and the parts that were second nature to me, other struggled with – that's what made every class different and why I loved teaching nearly as much as I loved dancing. But not quite.