The day after

Um, I think this is the 3rd update this week?! This one is a short filler, though. I needed to get some things out of the way for the sake of my writer's block, I apologize.

I have to say, though, guys. You are the absolute best. The amount of comments, filled to the brim with love, are the most beautiful, cherished outcome of all of this. Thank you to the stars and back for not hesitating to vote for these chapters and for choosing to leave me a comment. It makes everything in my life a bit brighter and has definitely changed me in a way I'll never be able to thank you for. 

I appreciate you so much, okay? You're so kind, honest and beautiful. 

Chapter 51

Sean's P.O.V

The present

"Sean, can you come down for a sec?" Serris yelled from somewhere in the house just as I was finishing pulling a shirt over my head.

"Coming!" I replied, slipping my socks on on my way to the door, exactly like they do in comedies, jumping on one foot and knocking into everything on their way. I did make it out the door, fortunately, wondering what it was she needed help with. "Where are you?" The living room was empty and so was the kitchen, so I had no clue where she was.

"I'm in the garage!" came the reply from behind the cracked door. What is she doing in here? I wondered, knowing very well she rarely even went in there, not to mention the fact that she didn't really live here anymore.

"What's up?" I asked as I stepped in, noticing her dragging a giant box across the floor.

"Can you help me get this into the house?" she asked, huffing and puffing while barely moving the cardboard giant. I shook my head while laughing under my breath and went to grab it for her, nudging my sister out of the way with my hip.

"Get out of my way," I said, leaning down and picking it up before noticing what was written on it. Weirdo apparel. "Um, Serris?" I asked after gripping onto it tighter as it had begun to slip from my fingers at my lack of motor control for a brief second while Kaycee's beautiful face flashed before my eyes. "What's in this?"

"Oh, just some merch," she said nonchalantly, shrugging her shoulders as she walked into the living room ahead of me. "I thought we could show our support, so I got everyone something."

"Our support?" I was so confused, I nearly tripped on the edge of the carpet before depositing the box on the coffee table. "Does she have new merch?" I asked, even though I knew she didn't. Social media was my only source of anything Kaycee these days as I'd backed off for nearly a week.

"No, silly. She barely even goes out of the house. It's all old merch and I know we already have stuff, but I guess I just thought it might motivate her or something," she blabbered, growing more and more flustered right in front of my eyes. "I'm sorry."

I sighed and pulled her into a side-hug as I eyed the ominous box for a beat, wondering why it made my heart twist and turn in my chest just to see two words that weren't even her name.