The fist-shaped karma

What the frick, Kaire?! Two updates in one week?! Insanity. 

Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think. 

Thank you so much for coming back to this story, it means the world to me!

PS in case you're wondering, if this was an actual book, you'd be on page 204 now and that just seems crazy to me. Also the amount of reads and votes and comments just makes my heart burst with joy. I could never thank you enough. 

Kaycee's P.O.V

The present

Unbelievable. Un-believable. It was all my mind could muster as I made my way through the steady stream of people, who had suddenly all decided to move in the opposite direction, making it impossible to actually get anywhere regardless of my choking desperation. Of course they're back together. God, I'm so stupid!

The tears were threatening to spill down my cheeks so I just pushed through the people harder, locks of hair escaping my low bun as I was pushed around. Yet, I was still a block from the car I'd driven for the first time since the accident. Just to tell him I want him.

"Kaycee!" The sound of his voice caused a shiver to run down my back – a low timber that had changed over the course of a year, yet still one I recognized in the loud mess of cars speeding by, dogs barking at anything and everything. Even the supermodels chatting loudly amongst themselves weren't enough to throw me when it was Sean. "Kayc, wait!"

Oh, hell no, I thought, breaking into a run when some of the crowd cleared, having to ignore the dull ache in my knee. It had nothing on the pain in my heart, anyway, which just made me wonder how many times can one heart break. From when he met Camilla to this day, my heart had broken every single day in between and I wondered if it always would.

So lost in my thoughts, I hadn't heard his steps closing in on me until I felt the tug on my hoodie and by then it was too late. I tumbled back into his hard chest just as he used the leverage he had on my sweatshirt to turn me around, my face smacking right into him.

"What the-," I started, my voice muffled by the way he tugged me to him. I'm not sure which one came first – the sob I'd been holding back or the painful familiarity of Sean hitting my senses. His scent, his strength and the way I moulded into him made my heart stop momentarily, right there in the middle of the busy street as he released the back of my hoodie and his palm slid upwards. With his hand pulling me to him even tighter, the tears flowed freely, soaking his front.

"Listen to me, Kayc," he said, his voice calm and sure, which just made me more upset. How dare he be so calm and collected while breaking me? Why isn't he upset over the way we've become?

I shook my head as best as I could, earning a chuckle from him. I couldn't really blame him, either. I was letting him hold me, but I wouldn't hear him out.

"Just stop crying for a second and listen," he said, his fingers flexing on my hip in a way that must've looked anything but platonic to anyone passing by. Do it again, I begged in my head and it was as if he'd heard me, because the next thing I knew, his fingers were stroking my hip in torturous circles meant to comfort me, to ground me but all it did was distract me and make me want to crawl into his skin and never leave. "Camilla and I are through," he whispered, his lips right by my ear, the air tickling the strands that were glued to my face by tears. What he'd said made me hold my breath, though. What? "She's with Josh." WHAT?!