The broken ankle

Hi! This one was long overdue, enough of this present crap. (Yes, I know, I hate me too for the cliffhanger. We'll get there. I promise)

Have you guys noticed how this story kind of predicts so many things? I mentioned Kaycee having a broken ankle in one of the chapters when she was still in the hospital and now? Well...Here we are. How very convenient for me and the next chapter ;)

I truly hope you'll enjoy this as it won't make you cry or want to punch anyone (other than Sean and Kaycee, but what's new, right?)

Thank you for sticking around, even as this story has had so many bad and mediocre chapters lately. I'll try to stretch it to it's natural end before you're bored to death of me and this book. Again, thank you for your patience and your kind words and for being so, so supportive.

 I love you and you've made someone very happy today! 

Sean's P.O.V

Throwback to March of 2020

"I'm heading out!" I yelled into the void of our house, both of my parents off somewhere in the house. There was no reply, but it wasn't surprising, besides, I'd already told them I was headed to Kaycee's house. "Bye!"

I cringed as the door slammed a little too hard behind me, but continued my trek to the car none the less, anxious to go and console my best friend. Kaycee had broken her ankle a few days ago and with every passing hour, her texts became less frequent and more dull, so unlike her usual self of insane emojis and funny voice clips.

Speak of the devil, my phone pinged with a text from her just as I'd started the car.

Kaycee: Popcorn? Please?

With a grin I typed out a yes, slightly more at ease by her appetite for snacks returning. An hour ago, she'd claimed there was "no point to snacking if you spend all day doing nothing". Wrong, I thought as I backed out of the driveway and headed towards the department store on my way to her house.

It took me all of 30 minutes, 3 selfies with young dancers and an unnecessarily chatty clerk to get the popcorn and her favourite sugar-free ice cream, then drive the rest of the way. Just as I was parking in front of her freshly mowed lawn, another text came through.

Camilla: Where are you? Date tonight?

Before I could reply, my name was shouted all the way from her front door.

"Sean, my boy!" Brad exclaimed, clapping his hands in front of himself once before heading down the short path to meet me halfway. "Come to mop the mope out of the cranky teenager taking up all of my couch space?"

I chuckled, imagining the scenario well. Kaycee, with her arms crossed with frustration for having to have cancelled her trip to France, lounging on the couch and doing nothing while Brad had a golf game or a crime show to watch. Then Brad huffing and puffing in the kitchen to Laura because he felt too sorry for his youngest to kick her back to her own room, leaving everyone dissatisfied in the end.