recording session

╭ ╮
[ 魅力 ━━ DAIYU.*·˚ ]

march 9th 2018

march 9th 2018.
"i wanna touch."
╰ ╯
✧ . * . ✧
*
* . ✧ . ✧ *
. *

"This is tiring." Kina whined as she exited the recording booth for a break.

She was in need of help during her recording session. There was a certain amount of time she could take up due to having 11 other members that needed to record as well.

It wasn't going well. She was having trouble taking the one vocal part that she was given.

Kina was more of a rapper, not a vocalist. Even though she might be named a sub-vocal, doesn't mean it was easy for her to nail the parts.

"Jisung, this isn't working." Kina whined once more to the oldest.

"You can do it." Jisung assured, "just take a break, drink some water, and you will be fine."

She took his words and used them to her advantage. Getting some water, sipping it little by little as she relaxed on the chair in the studio.

Once her time was up for break, she was back in the recording booth trying her best.

The headphones were on, one side off of her ear in order to hear what she was doing. She kept trying, but it only felt like the more she gave it her all, the more she would fail.

"Kina, don't have to have the vocal part if you don't feel comfortable with it." Jihoon said to the fifteen year old.

She took those words as a challenge. If she gave up, someone else would have this part and she didn't want that. Now she challenged herself into doing better than before.

"Why did you say that? You know we don't have time to give that line to someone else." Jinyoung questioned.

Jihoon nodded.

"I know, it's all part of a plan." Jihoon started. "She is competitive, so if she feels as if her spot is threatened, she will work harder."

The others were surprised to hear that. It was information they could now use in the future with Kina and it was just something new they had learned about their youngest.

"One more time, you almost got it." A male composer spoke to Kina outside of the booth.

She nodded and repositioned herself in front of the microphone.

As she sang the part again, she did it (somewhat) perfectly. At least for her it was a decent note she had hit and for the composers, it was good enough to be made as part of the song.

Kina walked out of the recording booth looking tired, granted it was very late in the night and she hadn't really slept the night before.

"You did it!" Jisung said excitedly.

"Kina's tired." The youngest whined in the third person.

"Then let's get back to the dorms, sleep, and be ready for tomorrow's schedule." Daniel compromised.

It was almost like the maknae line had planned it, they all sighed in unison when they heard the word schedule leave Daniel's mouth.

"Can't we just have off." Kina asked as she walked beside Guanlin.

"Well, that's not how it works." Sungwoon answered.

Kina yawned as she walked with her members out to the vans that had been waiting for a while to take them back to their dorms.