The day of the crime

Betty twisted her blonde hair, "I was waking up my little girl, so she could get ready for school.". Lou rolled her eyes, muttering under her breath I'm not little. Betty continued, "By the time I got Lou ready, we heard a man screaming. We ignored the scream because I had to get Lou to school. By the time we headed out to the car, the cops were already here.". Eden narrowed his eyes, "What was your relationship with the victim and his wife?". Betty looked down, "Marco was very kind, a good friend to me and Lou. Venus always seemed very devoted to Marco, though lately, she seemed different...". Eden leaned forward, "What do you mean different?". Betty held Lou's hand, "Her eyes usually look normal, but these last few weeks they looked determined.". 

Eden wrote down some notes and asked, "What is your relationship with Troy?". Betty crimsoned, "I knew him a while ago, then I met Lou's father, who deserted us two years ago...". 

The detective apologized and dismissed them. Next, he welcomed Mr. Fret, who answered, " I don't believe that Troy would kill Marco. I have seen many things throughout my life here. Many wonderful things, many sad things, and yet many dark and dreadful things. Marco was one of a kind, yet anyone could replace him. His wife, Venus, was very loving of Marco, and Troy was very jealous of that. He and Marco were best friends, and he despised the fact that a girl came between them.". The detective wrote down more notes and dismissed Mr. Fret. Following, he greeted Venus as she entered the room, her eyes red and wet. Eden apologized for her loss and offered for her to sit down.