Late Nights (Prinxiety)

I don't know how to start this so I'm just jumping in.

Summary : Virgil has been having a lot of anxiety and have been unable to sleep. Roman has been giving him company.

Tiggers : None?

Also it's a mindscape AU

*

It was another long night for Virgil. His anxiety has been heightened the past few days, making it hard to do anything. The others have been on to him because of how it has been affecting Thomas. He's been trying his best but no one seemed to be seeing it that way.

After letting Remy take care of Thomas, he went down stairs to the living room. Virgil sat down on the couch then pulled his legs up to his chest. He wanted to relax and sleep but he couldn't. So he decided to pull out his phone instead.

A few moments later, he heard some soft footsteps coming down the stairs. He looked over to see the creativity trait walking toward the kitchen, humming a tune. Virgil rolled his eyes as he looked back at his phone.

After getting a cup of water, Roman walked over to the couch, "What are you doing still up?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

He took a sip then raised his glass slightly.

He nodded.

"You never answered me."

"I don't have to, Sir Sing A Lot." Virgil sarcastically said as he glared at Roman.

He raised a hand in surrender, "I was just saying. No need to be rude." He said as he took a seat.

"Sorry," He sighed as he closed his eyes, "I'm tired as fuck but I can't sleep. My anxiety has been through the roof."

"Funny you say that since you are anxiety."

"I'm not just anxiety," He whispered to himself.

"I guess I'll let you be then."

Roman stood to his feet. Before he could go anywhere, Virgil grabbed his sleeve without thinking. He quickly let go as Roman looked over at him.

"Wait," He nervously looked away while biting his thumb nail, "Can you stay? Just for a bit. . . Please?"

He stared for a little then shrugged, "Okay," He sat down next to Virgil.

"Just, don't tease me. I'm not in the mood."

"That's okay. I don't think I have the creativity to do that right now."

The darker side nodded as he went back to mindlessly strolling through his phone.

"Do you mind if I put something on?" Roman suddenly asked.

"Go ahead, I don't care," Virgil shot a look at the other side, "Just nothing Disney?"

He laughed, too tired to be dramatic. He grabbed the controller and pulled up Netflix, "What about a documentary?"

The anxious trait raised an eyebrow at Roman, "You like documentaries?"

"Yeah, especially the ones about medieval times and castles."

Virgil grinned, "Of course you do."

"So?"

"I don't care. Watch what you want."

He nodded as he clicked on one that was about castles that were in England. He sat back into the couch while the documentary started.

Virgil continued to look at his phone while listening about castles. He loved watching documentaries and conspiracy theories but he never pegged Roman to also like them. Every once in a while, he would look away from his phone to watch the TV. He wouldn't denine that castles were interesting.