Roommates Pt.1 (Prinxiety)

Summary : It's the start of the first year of college and Virgil has an annoying roommate.

Triggers : A small panic attack (I think?) other than that, nothing.

College AU because why the fuck not

*

Virgil Storm walked through the halls holding a couple boxes while looking for room number 407. His best friend of years, Patton Hart, followed behind him with one of his boxes.

The two of them had finally graduated high school and they both got accepted to the same college. Patton decided to stay home to save money. However, Virgil, wanting to get away from home, got a dorm room. He was really anxious of having a roommate. He hadn't been able to message his roommate, so he was nervous about that.

Once they reached the end of the hall, they had finally found his room. Patton opened the door, finding that the door was unlocked. Virgil embraced himself for the worst.

Inside the room was two beds, two wardrobes, two desks, and a countertop with a sink and mirror. The right side of the room was covered with theater related things and red and white accents. The left side was completely empty compared to the other side.

At least he was nice enough to not cover the entire room.

Once they had walked into the room, the other guy looked up from his phone. He got up from his spot on his bed and walked over to them.

After placing the boxes on the empty desk, the roommate reached out his hand toward them. A bright smile flashed across his face, "Hey, I'm Roman Prince."

Roman looked to be around Virgil's and Patton's age. He had nice brown hair, brown eyes, and was about an inch or two taller than Virgil. He was wearing a pair of jeans and a red shirt with a yellow star (which he instantly recognized from Steven Universe). He couldn't deny that Roman did look good.

Virgil glanced at his hand then crossed his arms, "Virgil Storm."

Roman's smile faltered as his hand hung in the air.

Patton grabbed his hand and shook it, "Hi! I'm Patton, Patton Hart. I'm Virgil's friend."

"Nice to meet you both," After shaking hands, they let go.

"So, what you majoring in?" Patton asked happily, "Does it have anything to do with theater?"

Virgil gave him a side glance, wishing he didn't have started a conversation. He was tired and he still had to make his bed.

"Oh!" Roman's eyes lit up, "Actually yeah. I plan on being a screenwriter."

"Oh! That's so cool!"

"What about you two?"

"My major is education, specifically in elementary education."

He nodded then looked over at Virgil, expecting an answer.

"Art."

"That's cool," Roman nodded, seeming a bit uncomfortable.

"Come on Pat, you need to get going," Virgil turned toward his friend before heading to the door.

"Okay!"

Before they could leave, Roman quickly asked, "Do you need any help with moving in?"

"No," Virgil opened the door and walked out.

"Thanks anyways!" Patton followed him out, "It was nice meeting you!"

Virgil walked Patton downstairs and out of the dorm building. They walked through the parking lot that sat out back of the building to Pat's car. Virgil pulled out his backpack and the one last large crate from the trunk. It was mostly filled with some sketch books, clothing, and bedding. Once he had his things, he closed the trunk.