Sleep (Analogical)

Another analogical because I love the ship.

This isn't a continuation of the first analogical story.

Summary : Virgil goes over to Logan's house after his family causes him an anxiety attack.

Triggers : A bit of an anxiety attack (I'm not completely sure if you would call it that) and some crying

High School AU

*

After spending another hour on his homework, Logan finally decide to get ready for bed. Before completely shutting down, he checked his phone one last time for the night. He had a text message from his friend, Virge.

Virgil Storm : hey

Virgil Storm : u still up??

Virgil Storm : i can't be home rn. im coming over

Logan Berry : I understand. I will leave the window unlocked for you.

He turned off his phone then plugged it in at his desk. He walked over to the window and unlocked it for his friend. After grabbing a book, he sat down on his bed and waited for Virgil to show up.

About 20 minutes later, Logan heard the window open. He looked over to see Virgil closing the window. He looked the same as always, however, his face and eyes were red. His foundation was thinner and almost completely gone. His usual dark eyeshadow was smudged and their were dark lines down his cheeks. All of this clearly pointed toward that he had been crying.

He put his book aside and stood up. Virgil winced as he rubbed his arm nervously.

"Are you okay?" Logan asked softly.

"Yeah," He smiled weakly, "It's just that my family . . " He stopped and bit his lip. He started to shake.

"Hey," He walked over to him, "It's okay. You don't have to talk about the situation. We can talk about it later, if you feel the need to."

He nodded as he grabbed at his jacket, "I, um . . . " Before he could doubt himself, Virgil stepped up and hugged him.

Logan stiffened, surprised by this act. He wasn't the type to outwardly touch someone. However, in this moment, he didn't care about his feelings. He cared more about his friend. So he hugged Virgil back.

Virgil grabbed at the other boy's shirt. He was overwhelmed with emotions and wasn't sure what to do. He just needed to calm down and Logan was the best at helping him make sense of things. He buried his face into Logan's shoulder and sobbed for the second time that night.

Logan started to rub his back slowly, "Hey, it's okay. Just breathe," He rested his head against Virgil's, closing his eyes.

Virgil tried. He really did. He focused on his breathing for a few seconds until his mind started racing again. His body shook as he hiccuped and sobbed. His breathing quicken again. If he was alone, he would definitely be gripping his jacket and hair.

All of a sudden, Logan was pulling out of the hug. Virgil's mind started racing again. He grabbed Logan tightly, "N-no," he sobbed. He didn't want to be alone right now.

Logan placed both his hands on Virgil's cheeks, wiping away the tears, "It's okay, Virgil. I'm not going anywhere. Now, focus on me," He looked into Virgil's eyes, hoping they would maintain eye contact. He then grabbed one of Virgil's hands and placed it on his chest, "Focus on my breathing."

He nodded as he hiccuped a few more times. Having Logan's hands on his face was a nice grounding feeling. Virgil focused on Logan. He could hear his heart and feel him breathing. He started to copy Logan's breathing.