Dress (Analoceit)

If you can't tell, I'm getting a bit more comfortable with writing poly ships.

Summary : At the school dance, Virgil decides to go against the school norm and wear a dress.

Triggers : a bit if anxiety but none other than that.

High school AU

*

Virgil walked through the school hallway toward the cafeteria. With his large black headphones on, he easily ignored the crowds of kids around him. All he wanted was to get to his friends and eat lunch.

Once in the cafeteria, he could easily spot his friends. They sat at their usual table toward the back. He walked over and sat down at the table. He then turned off his music and pulled down his headphones.

"Hey guys," Virgil said as he took off his backpack.

Patton was always the first to say something, "Hey kiddo."

At the table, there was only five other guys. Emile and Remy were to the right of him. Remy had an arm around his boyfriend and a Starbucks drink in his other hand. Patton sat on the other side of Remy. In front of him, Dee and Logan sat together.

You see, Dee's actual name was Earnest, but he hated that name. So, he went by Dillon which caused his nickname Dee.

Virgil looked around before asking, "Where's the twins?"

"Probably causing trouble somewhere," Dee said as he shrugged.

"Oh shush," Emile said, "I'm sure they're just running late."

Patton nodded as Dee rolled his eyes.

Virgil softly laughed.

Not even a few seconds later, Roman and Remus showed up. They sat down next to Logan. They seemed out of breathe.

"Hello beautiful friends," Roman announced.

"Where were you guys?" Patton asked.

"Well, you know Mr. Peterson," Remus explained as he pulled a bag of chips out of his bag, "He likes to keep us after the bell, even if it's after the bell."

"Yeah, he's a total bitch," Remy said before taking a sip of his coffee.

Patton exclaimed, "Remy!"

He only shrugged his shoulders.

Virgil softly laughed. He loved his friends so much. They were so silly and it was great.

"So," Roman started, "Who's ready for the dance this weekend?"

As the others started talking about the school prom, Virgil kept quiet. It would've been hard to not know about it. Especially when there were posters all over the school and when you have Roman as a friend. He wouldn't shut up about it.

"Are you sure you're not going, Virge?" He heard Patton asked.

He looked over at the others before nodding, "Yeah. You guys know how I feel about school dances and stuff."

Roman gasped, "But, it's prom!"

Virgil was very aware that this was going to be their last prom until they graduated. He had only really gone to one school dance and that was homecoming sophomore year. However, what the others didn't know was that he actually did plan on going to prom. He didn't tell them because he wanted to surprise them.

"Don't push him, Roman," Emile said, "He'll go only if he wants to."

"I seriously doubt I will."