Break Time (Logince)

Summary : Roman and Logan both take a break from long hours of working to go to the Imagination to relax. 

Triggers : None?

Mindscape AU

*

Roman crumbled another piece of paper and threw it toward the overflowing trash can. He sighed as he looked down at another one that was empty. He went to grab his pen but a knock at his door made him stop in his tracks.

"Yes?" He asked out loud.

The door opened slowly and Virgil stepped inside. He glanced over at the trash can then over to the creative side, "Patton wants to talk to you downstairs."

"Tell Padre that I can't right now, I'm working."

"Yeah," He went over to Roman's desk, "We kinda figured you'd say that."

Roman turned back to his paper and grabbed his pen, "Well, I have a lot of work to get done."

"Roman," His voice suddenly serious. 

"What?"

"Don't make me get Patton."

He groaned dramatically, "Fine," Roman stood up from his chair and followed Virgil out of his room. 

They made their way downstairs to find Logan and Patton standing in the living room. Roman gave the two a confused look. 

"What's going on in here?" Asked Roman.

"Well, you see here," Patton said slowly before sending a look over to Virgil, who gave him an encouraging smile, "We have noticed that you two have been working a lot and we're really worried about you guys. You barely leave your rooms, even to eat. You're overworking and it's not healthy. You need to take a break."

Virgil nodded.

Suddenly, both Roman and Logan started arguing and yelling. They were saying how important it was to keep working and keeping a schedule. They kept getting louder, trying to be heard over the other. 

It was scaring Patton. He looked over at Virgil, not knowing what to do.

Virgil groaned before yelling in a deep distorted voice, "Okay, stop!" The other two stopped  before turning toward him. He cleared his throat then started talking normally again, "You two need to stop. You're scaring Patton."

Roman and Logan looked over to the father figure. Patton tried to smile, but it turned out really weary. They instantly felt guilty. 

"Us telling you to take a break wasn't a suggestion. You two are taking a break whether you like it or not. No more work for the rest of day."

"What?!" Both Roman and Logan shrieked at the same time. 

"Look, you both skipped breakfast and lunch. Your work is making you forget to eat. You need to take a break," Patton said quietly. 

Roman sighed as he dropped his head. He knew Patton was right. As soon as he woke up,  he went straight to work on creating good ideas. However, he hadn't been able to get anything done. 

Another reason why he'd been avoiding the others because he had developed an annoying crush on the logical side. He knew that sitting in his thoughts all day wasn't good but he couldn't help it. Logan was amazing and so smart and Roman felt like he couldn't match up to him. 

"Okay Patton," Roman stated, "I'll take a break for today."

Logan simply nodded, "Likewise."

Patton smiled as he clapped his hands a few times, "Yay! I'm so proud of you two!" He went over and hugged the two of them.