The Persistent Date (Logince)

Summary : After getting a dare to get a date with the smartest guy at school, Roman tries repeatedly to go out with Logan.

Triggers : None

High School AU

*

Roman King knew exactly what he was getting into. He knew that as soon as he walked up to the guy and asked, he would get rejected. He wasn't expecting anything better. However, he wasn't expecting be so heartbroken over Logan saying no.

You see, Logan Crofter was the smartest kid in the school. Or better yet, the whole world. Maybe Roman was exaggerating a bit but he couldn't help it. Logan was amazing. A little blunt sometimes, but still amazing. Roman couldn't help himself when he fell hard.

So the weeks after the dare were full of roses, love notes, and cheesy pick up lines. However, nothing seemed to work, not even a nerdy pun and a jar of Crofters. (Logan did hesitate before declining.) Roman was almost out of ideas and hope.

One day as school ended, Roman walked up to Logan's locker where said boy was standing. He seemed to be pulling out some textbooks and putting them into his backpack. As he slipped on his bag and closed his locker, Roman stepped up to him.

"Hey Logan," He said softly. He had no plan, no pun, no gift. Just his gloomy self.

"Look Roman, I'm in no mood for your romantic antics."

"Don't worry, I got nothing," He then gestured to himself, "It's me today.

He raised an eyebrow before slowly nodding. He stepped away from the locker and started walking down the hall.

"Hey Lo," Roman quickly fell into step with the other before asking, "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure," He answered in a soft tone, just like how Roman did.

"Why did you never say yes?"

Logan turned toward him as his steps slowed down, "Honestly?"

He nodded.

He looked down at the ground, "Well, I'm not sure. I believe because the first time you asked, you had this grin that told me that you weren't serious. And every time after, I was scared that you were merely joking," He then looked back at Roman, "To put it simply, I was afraid that you were going to make fun of me if I said yes."

Roman's eyes widen quickly as it clicked in his head. God, he was such an idiot. How could he do that to Logan?

"Oh my goodness, Logan, I'm sorry! That was not my intention!"

"Then what is your intentions?" He asked with the slightest hint of a grin on his face.

Roman softly grabbed both of Logan's hands. He ignored how his heart was racing and how Logan jumped at the touch, "Let me take you out. Nothing romantic has to happen. We can just talk and get to know each other. Just know that I truly like you and that I think your amazing and beautiful and smart and-"

"Okay, okay," Logan moved one of his hands and placed a finger against Roman's lips. His face was visibly more red behind his glasses, "I get it. One date is all you get for me to decide."

Roman nodded repeatedly, eyes shining brightly at the other.

Logan moved both his hands away from Roman before pulling out his phone. He handed it over, "Good, I'll tell you when and where to pick me up."

"Okay," After quickly putting his contact into his phone, Roman handed the phone over to the owner.

He took his phone back and pocketed it, "Alright, I'll be heading home now. Talk to you later."

"Bye, Logan," He stared after him as he walked out of the school.

*

The date went great. Roman picked up Logan around 6 and they headed to the movie theater. They sat close and held hands through the whole thing. After the movies, Roman pulled them toward a restaurant to spend more time with Logan.

As they ate, Logan rambled on about the movie then onto school topics. Roman was slightly surprised about him talking so much, especially since he's so quiet at school. But, he didn't mind.

After eating, they got into Roman's car and headed to Logan's house. Once parked, they climbed out of the car. Roman walked around and toward Logan. He slipped his hand into Logan's as his face warmed up. He nervously smiled toward the ground.

"Surprisingly, I had fun," Logan stated once they were standing on the porch.

"I'm glad," He smiled widely, "Would it be right to assume you want to do it again?"

Logan blushed as he nodded, "Yes, I would like that."

"That's great!"

Logan smiled again.

"Well, I should probably get going. I'll see you later."

Roman began to turn away to leave but Logan quickly grabbed his other hand, "Wait!"

Roman raised an eyebrow at the other.

"I, um . . " Logan looked around before looking right into Roman's eyes. He leaned forward and placed a quick kiss on Roman's lips.

However, before he could react, Logan stepped away, "Good night, Roman," He opened the front door and slipped inside before Roman could say anything.

He stood there for a bit until he started smiling widely. He turned and headed to his car, with the thought of Logan in his head.

*

Word Count : 910

Published : June 21, 2020 (Yes, I'm very late again, I know )

Sooo, I'm kinda liking Logince a lot, if you can't tell. Lol. I can't help it, they're cute.