5. Accepting the Change

2 months later...

Ari
"I need a three piece mix with a side of Mac and potatoes with Gravy!" I said as I was putting in orders at the chicken place. "I gotchu." The cook Dj said while winking. Chy he been trying since I started here and need to give up. As I walked off putting drinks on my guests table I headed to the register for Simone to print the receipt for my other guest I just finished serving. "Girl tell me why this man came in here trying to get free food like who the fuck he think we is?" Simone said as I laughed at her. This girl know she funny. "You know how it is boo." I said. "You got that right!" She said handing me the receipt.

Alright let me catch y'all up with ya girl Ari Keens. After that night at Simones two months ago, her boss was in need of some servers and he decided to hire me. I've been working here Friday through Sunday and I have another job at Walmart from Monday through Thursday. I know y'all like how you get rest? I get plenty of rest! I do morning shifts at Walmart and evening and night shifts at the chicken place. I need the money so I do what I gotta do to be an independent woman.

Me and Simone still stay in the same neighborhood we just got a two bedroom apartment instead and we go half on all the bills and groceries and the rest that I be having left over I put in savings for my twins. Speaking of the twins I am three months almost four and find out the gender of my babies next week. My stomach not even that big at all I guess because I'm so little but hey that doesn't bother me. Simone is a life saver I thank her everyday she didn't have to take me in her home and give me a place to lay my head until I found a job and was able to put in money for everything.

As of my family I still don't have communication with them and as stated it's fuck them period. I don't need nobody at all! I still don't talk to Jai or Kaden even though I want some type of relationship with Kaden for his children sake so he can be in they life but he so stuck up and childish to be 22 that I'm not forcing shit just let things be.

After working long and hard all night at the chicken place me and Simone headed to the bus stop sitting and talking till the bus came. "So how you like everything so far?" Simone asked me. "I still getting use to the change but anything for my twins and I also want to thank you again for taking me in you didn't have to do that... you are a real life saver." I said to her. "Awwww boo it's no problem literally we all struggle once in life. It's okay to help someone out even if it's just for a while." She said while smiling. We kept talking and laughing until the bus came and we got on making our way home.

Once home I made my way to my room and gathered myself for a shower and right after hit the bed eating Chinese food. I sat there scrolling on my phone on Instagram coming across Kaden post of him and his so called girlfriend now... chy two months later you a loyal nigga now? Yeah bye. Anyways after I finish eating I started nodding off to sleep while watching tv.

Kaden
"Charity come on we gone miss our damn dinner reservation!" I yelled to my girlfriend upstairs. She kill me taking for damn ever to get ready. "Baby you know I gotta stay looking good for you." She said coming down the stairs winking at me... gah damn did she look good. "I'm glad you know" I said grabbing her ass while taking her to the car.

Me and charity been together for about a month now. We been doing good while she keep my head on strong but then again I don't know if this for me. Maybe it's just because I haven't been in a real relationship in forever but a nigga a little skeptical but the pussy to good to just give it away. I'm still the same old me at least I think. I'm just tied down and have a few side bitches here and there if charity starts to annoy me.

As for the twin girls... the results came back that they wasn't mine so you know I had to leave all that shit alone. Then the bitches had the nerve to cry about me still needing to be in the girls life. What the fuck do I look like? They ain't mines and they wasn't nothing but 1 and 2 years old. They not gone remember shit of me so I'm good. As for Ari never spoke to her after that day she told me she was pregnant. I think about her here and there but nah she to young and wanted to tie a nigga down in his prime of a fake pregnancy so I had to let it go.