••It isn't Over is It ••

Marinette stepped onto her balcony, "Chat?" She asked sitting on her lounge chair. Chat sat down next to her, "Are- are you-" Marinette cut herself off not wanting to finish the sentence.

  Chat scooted closer and snaked his hand around her back and to her hip, he pulled her closer and rested his head on hers. "Hey princess... don't worry about me" Chat sighed. "I'm okay."

   Marinette nodded and pulled her hair behind her ear, "Could you stay here with me tonight?" Marinette sounded more desperate than she intended. Chat smiled and nodded, "Okay" she said sliding out from Chat's grasp. "Can we head inside?"

  Chat nodded and Marinette lead him through the trap door, it was at least noon by now Marinette needed to tell her parents she was back, "Go ahead and tell your parents your back." Chat smiled "I'm not going anywhere."

  Marinette smiled and headed down to talk to her parents and have lunch. "Marinette your back!" Sabine called causing Tom to run in, "How did you get upstairs?" Marinette blushed, she knew Chat had brought her back but her parents were in the dark about most of what was going on.

   Marinette blushed, "W-well Lila confronted me as I was leaving and Chat Noir was patrolling around that time so.." Marinette blushed again not wanting to cause suspicion. Tom just smiled and handed her a plate of food.

  Sabine smiled, "I know its been rough so you can just eat in your room." Marinette smiled and headed up to her room. Marinette slowly made her way to her room. She looked around and didn't see Chat, she frowned.

   Chat slipped down from her bed, "Hey princess, didn't think I left did you?" Marinette set her plate down and hugged him. Marinette handed Chat the plate and plopped down on her chaise, "What are you not going to eat?" Marinette shook her head.  She was still full from breakfast at the hospital, "Here." Chat handed her the macaroon, "At least have this."

   Marinette smiled and took the macaroon, "Thanks Chatton." Marinette smiled and nibbled on the macaroon, "H-Hey Chat?" Marinette tried not to make herself sound desperate. "C-can I?" She didn't know how to say it. "C-can I.... ask you something?" Marinette thought it would be easier to ease into it. Chat grew a confused look, "Do you still have the nightmares?" Marinette asked.

   Chat looked at his own feet, the truth was he had them everyday she was in the hospital. "Y-yeah I do." Chat sighed and Marinette frowned. "I've had them a lot recently actually." Chat sighed recalling his last dream.

   Marinette stood  on the Eiffel tower "Chat please leave me alone!"  Then she jumped.

Chat jolted out of his memory at the feeling of Marinette's hand touching him "I'm sorry." Marinette frowned, 'It's my fault isn't it' she thought to herself. Chat soon pulled her into a hug. Marinette nuzzled her face into his chest, she wanted to stay like this forever. "Chat?" Marinette asked looking up at him.

  Chat looked down at Marinette letting his emerald eyes meet her blue bell ones, "Yeah?" Marinette slowly sat up straight causing Chat to tilt his head in confusion. "Are you okay Mari?" Marinette smiled and nodded,

   "Yeah I was just wondering something."

"Oh what's that?"

"I mean I know why you saved me, the night I tried to jump. The first time I mean."

"Princess, where is this going?"

"Why didn't you believe Lila?"

"Because you're not like she is.." Chat kissed her forehead and pulled her into another hug, "I knew Lila was lying." Chat smiled and let Marinette's head drop to his lap, she let her legs lift up and curl up on the chaise.

Chat gently released her pigtails from her hair, he brushed his claws through her hair. "Hey Chat?" Marinette asked in a low hum, "I love you." Marinette turned so she was on her back looking up at Chat.

Chat looked down and Marinette reached up and started playing with his hair, "I love you too princess, more than you'll ever know." Soon Marinette's phone buzzed with a text, it was Lila....

Lila: Nino is convinced that Adrien is at fault... I would stop before I take everything from him too.

Marinette froze would Lila really go as far as to hurt Adrien too, "Mari let me see your phone." Marinette handed Chat her phone. His eyes widened as he read the text. "Would she really sink that low?" Marinette took her phone and blocked the number, she was tempted to change her number and only give it to her family and Adrien.

Marinette tossed her phone to the foot of her chaise, "Hey kitty?" Marinette smiled. Chat hummed in response, "Thank you." Marinette smiled and brushed his bangs out of his face and sat up. "Is something wrong?" Marinette asked noticing Chat wasn't as lively as usual.

Chat sighed thinking of his father yelling at Nathile, not even bothering to set out food for him. How his father had started drinking and falling behind on his designs. "Actually not really" Chat didn't want to lie to Marinette. "Nothing is really 'okay' anymore Princess."

Marinette looked over at Chat who now had his face in his clawed palms. "Chat? you know you can tell me anything right?" Chat gently moved his glare to Marinette, who had now put her arm around his shoulder.

Chat pushed some hair out of his own face, "My father has started drinking.." Tears threatened to spill from his eyes, "He's been yelling alot and well I haven't been able to eat much." Chat said looking back at the plate of food.

Marinette pulled Chat closer to herself, "Chat..." Marinette sighed in sympathy, Chat liked when Marinette held him close it gave him comfort. "Do you need me to get you more food?"

Chat shook his head, "No I've been getting food from restaurants." Marinette sighed, being a superhero most of the food was given to him. "Most of which was free, it being a thanks for saving Paris so much."

Marinette sighed. "Chat? Do you need to stay here?" Chat looked over at Marinette, "Would your father notice?"

Chat just looked back down realizing his father probably wouldn't notice if he was dead. "No I really don't think he would." Marinette sighed and brushed his bangs back behind his ear, a low purr escaping his chest. "Wanna play a video game?"