Origins: Fire

"The fire is warm on a cold winter's day
But even then it must stay at bay
For even though it might feel nice
That won't be so when the flame bites..."

I woke up to joyful laughing near me and looked around, seeing three boys in a clearing. One was sitting on a cloud close to the ground, another was sitting on the shore of a lake, and the third one was skating on the lake, which turned to ice under his feet. I went to take a step towards them when a screen appeared in front of me, a blank person on it with a stylus next to it. I grabbed onto the stylus and started designing the person, seeing that my hand was a mere outline. I shrugged and happily continued designing the person. He had a black fire hoodie, maroon pants, black shoes, brown hair, brown eyes, and fair skin. I smiled and put the stylus back, the screen disappearing. I looked at myself and saw that I was who I designed. I grinned and looked around before noticing a lava mob bandana on the ground. I picked it up and put it around my neck before looking into the clearing and walking into it, not noticing the grass beneath my feet singeing slightly. The one sitting on the cloud noticed me first and smiled brightly, floating over to me and holding out his hand. "Hi, I'm Sky. That's Quentin and that's Rob," he said, pointing to the other boys respectively with his other hand. "What's your name?" I smiled and reached my hand out as well.

"I'm Preston." I touched his hand with mine slightly and his hand flinched back almost immediately. I looked at him worriedly and slowly retracted my hand as wind blew around his hand, causing him to sigh in relief. He looked at me with an apologetic smile and I tilted my head, confused.

"I'm sorry, it's just that your hand is burning hot and burned me when I touched it." I looked at my hand in confusion before walking over to the frozen ice, where the boy, Rob, wasn't standing looking at us, and hovered my hand over it before lightly touching it. It melted at my touch and I retracted my hand as I fell back in shock. I looked at the now melted ice with wide eyes and saw Rob ice skate over to me, crouching down and placing his hand where I had melted the ice, making it turn back into ice. I looked at him with a pleading expression and he just sat down on the ice and held out his hand.

"It's ok, you won't burn me." I hesitantly touched his hand and saw that he was right, I didn't burn him. He clutched onto my hand tightly before tackling me in a hug. I yelped as I fell onto my back, Rob hugging me tightly, and hesitantly wrapped my arms around him to hug him back. I heard awwing coming from Sky and Quentin, but I ignored them as I enjoyed the hug, knowing that I would like being with them all.