The Cosy Rosy Life

Cherry's POV

I sit on his bed fully naked, screen pulled right across so Hiro won't see me if he comes upstairs, covered only by my remaining plaster casts. I was meaning to change into my nightshirt, but I had stopped when I saw it.

My nightshirt is another of Tadashi's old sweaters.

I stare with my eyes glazed over, thinking about my life - our lives. Just a few months ago you had proposed to me, Tadashi, and now we might never even kiss each other again. How devastatingly peculiar time and circumstance mix together to determine our futures.

My eyes unglaze when out the corner of my eye I spot my blanket I took from my flat. I come back to the present and reach out a hand to stroke it. It's still as fluffy as it was when it was bought months ago.

I remember that day, don't you Tadashi? You probably don't; it was such a small insignificant thing that if I brought it up with you, you would rub your neck and admit you can't remember, then quickly distract me by kissing me - people in public always stopped and talked to us about how cute we were when we kissed, which back then unnerved me but now I miss. You were round mine talking about Baymax and how you had finally fixed that glitch he used to have where whenever you turned him on he started slapping you with his balloon arms, and I always laughed whenever I heard stories about Baymax because they always sounded hilarious.

I remember it was a chilly day with the central heating on the blink, so I had put on my coat that you had bought me, but I still shivered. Eventually you said, 'That's it!' and told me to hop on the back of the bike, and because I didn't have anything else to do I did, and then we drove off. You didn't tell me where we were going until we stopped the bike at the home furnishings store, and we went in and you declared, 'You can choose anything from this store and I'll pay for it.'

I remember vehemently denying you spending money on me, because you always spend money on me and it's not fair, but you kept insisting I get something so I chose this fluffy blanket. I remember going up to it and feeling it between my fingers and calling you to come over and feel how soft it was too, and you did then announced you were going to buy it for me. Of course I gasped in shock at the price and denied the gift, but you never took no for an answer when it came to my comfort. I always loved that.

I remember that as it was being bagged up in my bag I made out of an old T-shirt, you held my hands and looked into my eyes.

Do you remember what you said Tadashi? Probably not. I do though.

You said that my comfort and happiness was worth more than anything in the world to you.

I bring the blanket up to my face and nuzzle the fabric, smelling Tadashi's familiar scent of baked goods and soft mint.

Tadashi, my comfort and happiness isn't worth anything if you aren't with me anymore.

Please, just wake up.