Hyper-Spectral Cameras

Tadashi's POV

"HYPER-SPECTRAL CAMERAS!" I shout as I wake myself up out of sleep, dreaming about the workmanship on Baymax, which is what I've decided to call my robotic nurse.
Next to me in her bed Cherry stirs and sleepily says, "'Dashi... shut up and go to sleep."

"I can't!" I jump out of bed with a new energy and rush into the kitchen and sitting room to try and find some spare worksheets.
If I installed hyper-spectral cameras, Baymax would be able to scan much more intricately, thus becoming more effective! Yes! Of course, that costs more money than the regular cameras we get at SFIT, but when it comes to health and safety, the sky isn't even the limit! I'll even pay out my own pocket if I can, and then if it gets picked up by any company, of course they'll pay for it, and-

"TADASHI!" I hear behind me, and look round to see Cherry in an oversized sweater of mine crossing her arms with a tired scowl on her face. And not a cute scowl either - more along the lines of an I'm-about-to-kill-you scowl.
I look to the old wooden clock on the wall of the kitchen, and gulp in slight worry: 3.16am. She's actually going to kill me.

She steps forward, and for the first time in a long while I'm terrified of my girlfriend again because I'm seeing her old street side.
"Tadashi," she begins quietly yet firmly, visibly resisting the urge to shout again, "I am going to go back to bed, and you are going to do whatever the fuck you just thought of as quick as humanly possible, switch off all the lights you've just turned on, come back to bed, and go. To. Sleep. Do you understand me? I'm glad that you're doing well with Baymax, but I am done with you waking me up about him. Get it?"

I get it. I haven't been very thoughtful about Cherry recently, due to my invention. It's just, Baymax is so important to me right now.

As I watch her shuffle moodily back to bed, I think about how important she is to me always though. I really should show and tell her I love her more than I already do, which is still a lot but can always be more. That I love her so much, I really would do anything for her. I love her so much I would... oh Beyonce, I think I would...

I think I would even marry her.

All thoughts of Baymax now out of my head, I drop my pencil and paper and process my revelation. I sit down on the chair in the kitchen, absent-mindedly switching off the light so she can sleep.

Oh my Beyonce. I want to marry Cherry!

I can't believe it took me so long to realise! Of course I want to marry Cherry! Who wouldn't? She's amazing, so intelligent and whipsmart and fun and pretty and realistic and cheeky and caring and loves me. She truly is the love of my life, and I would love for her to be in my life forever. And we could wait until we both graduate from college with honours and get enough money to buy our own little place together, and we could be the power couple of scientific revolutions. Aww...

Cherry moans in her fast sleep and turns over in bed, and I look up to her swaddled in the blankets we bought together. I smile warmly, and know that what I'm feeling isn't temporary.

Cherry Riegan, I don't know when it'll happen, or how I'm going to do it, but I'm going to ask you to marry me.