Test #84

Tadashi's POV

"Ready! Tadashi? Tadashi!" I hear in my ear suddenly at the same time I feel a sharp object poked between my ribcage, and I open my eyes from where I was taking a standing momentary nap after Baymax's 83rd test. The sharp object is the screwdriver my girlfriend has just used to tighten up the new adjustments we made to the robot, and as I blink in slight bewilderment and grumpiness she tuts mockingly at me and moves to bring the test board to me.

Cherry puts the board in my hands, squeezes them, and says to me slowly with an eager smile, "Ready to try again?"
I rub my eyes, forgetting for a moment my hands are holding the board so nearly poking my eyes out, and reply tiredly, "Yeah, yeah - I think I'm actually gonna go to sleep after this one."
"Good," she confirms eagerly, and she turns on the camera for me and we stand in front of Baymax, the two of us on opposite ends of energetic and hoping this one finally goes right.

Holding up the board half-heartedly with a grim expression, I announce, "This is Tadashi and Cherry, and this is the eighty..." I pause to look at the board, and Cherry facepalms by my side, "eighty fourth test. Come on, buddy," I plead tiredly, and nod to her to turn the robot on - I may fall if I lean over to the power button.

She pressed the button and grabs my hand in anticipation, and we both watch Baymax open his black eyes and say in his steady voice, "Hello. I am Baymax, your personal healthcare companion."

We're both so tired that we don't register it at first, but after a couple moments we both widen our eyes and stare at each other, then at the robot.

What???!!

"Quickly Cherry, hit me," I say, to see what he'll do, and my girlfriend shrugs and elbows me in the stomach - or at least she aims for the stomach, as from fatigue she misjudges her calculation and her elbow makes contact with my groin.
"Owwww!" I cry out and drop to the floor, and Cherry's mouth falls open and she begins apologising incessantly.

"No, it's okay, I did ask for you to hit me," I reply in an octave higher than usual, and like magnificent clockwork Baymax appears in front of me asking, "I have been alerted when you said, Ow. On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate your pain?"

His stomach shows a pain rating scale, and I really really want to say ten, but to be honest the numbness from the fatigue kinda saved me a little bit so I answer, "Eight."

Baymax goes through his procedure, all the while Cherry and I exchanging ecstatic looks about what's happening. The both of us are more wide awake than ever, even more than when we showed Hiro around the lab just a week ago and got him to audition for SFIT.

Baymax is finally working safely and optimally, and I'm so ready to propose to Cherry.

Everything is about to change.