Test #61

Cherry's POV

I sneeze into my hankie as I open the door into the hallway to go to Tadashi's private workroom. I need to tell him I can't watch his 61st test of Baymax right now cuz I really need to go home; my cold just got really bad out the middle of nowhere.

"Tadashi," I groan out as I open his door, "I can't stay; I feel really sick and my period is on those last really painful days and I just wanna go home, so I'll be taking the bike- what are you doing?"

Before he notices me, Tadashi is looking at something stashed in a drawer. When he does notice me, his entire face turns pink and he wraps the thing in a paper bag and shoves the drawer closed, leaning against it then giving me a guilty smile.

I should probably ask defiantly what it is, but I'm too distracted by my foggy mind. I sneeze into my hankie again, and repeat, "Tadashi, I can't watch the test right now because I need to go home; I feel really really sick, and you know it's bad when I say I need to stop working."

Tadashi's pinkness fades as he rushes to me in instant worry, feeling my forehead with the back of his hand and biting his lip. I slowly push his hand away and grumble whilst pulling my cold jacket round myself more, "I'm fine, 'Dashi - I just need to go home for once."

"Do you want me to come back with you? Maybe I can drop you off at Aunt Cass' so she can take care of you?" he frets, and just to give him peace of mind and make me feel special in this time of feeling completely gross, I shrug and say as casually as I can, "Okay, drive me to the Lucky Cat... if you must."

He smiles brightly at me and, not before glancing wistfully at that drawer, places a hand on my lower back and takes us both to the elevator. As we stand listening to the elevator music inside, I ask casually, "What was in that drawer?" and Tadashi continues to look straight ahead like I hadn't said anything.

Probably just sleep-deprived and is embarrassed he was looking at nothing, like he was the other day when he told me he was seeing the dancing circus animals from Dumbo from when we watched it the night before.

We get outside of SFIT and hop on the bike when a burst of cramps worsens again for the fiftieth time this hour. Instinctively I latch my jagged bitten fingernails into Tadashi's waist where I'm holding on, and he yelps indignantly.
"Ouch! Cherry!"
"Sorry," I moan through gritted teeth, and follow up with an angered, "let's just get home," which kicks him into high gear and starts up the bike.

We ride through the slightly busy lunch hour streets with me being unable to clutch my stupid abdomen in pain and instead bite my lip so hard it draws blood that I feel just as much as I can feel the blood pouring out of me. Yay. Fucking periods, right?

We reach the Lucky Cat and say a swift hello to a working Aunt Cass, then Tadashi pushes me into his bed and starts to breeze around collecting all the things he keeps here for when I'm on my period: tissues and handkerchiefs, tampon box, diva cup (just in case it's really bad), a full water bottle, instant hot cocoa and his laptop turned onto Netflix, which I only recently discovered is a thing.

"Will you be okay if I leave you like this?" Tadashi asks with loving concern, and I nod whilst trying in vain to keep the adoring smile off my face.
"You know it's just my period, which you can't do anything about, sorry - and my cold is probably just a weather thing."
"...in spring?"
My brow drops angrily, fueled unreasonably by the blood coming out of my vagina and tearing my insides apart. "Tadashi, go. It's nothing serious, probably a bacteria I inhaled talking to or serving someone. I'll be right as rain after some rest and drinks - I know how to take care of myself, I've been doing it since my mom left."

And with that I manage to push my boyfriend to leave for school and his robot, every so often repeating my words when he glances back at me with the look of a worried puppy. He's so adorable, I actually love him so much.

About thirty minutes into a Netflix film called Dumplin', I get a call from Tadashi. I pick up and it turns out he's somehow blown all the lights in his workroom from programming Baymax differently since the last test.

I laugh into the phone and, after telling him I am, hang up so he doesn't have to keep me busy while he's working on the robot. I don't want to disturb him that much, especially since he's been kind of spacey and nervous lately, like he's waiting for an explosion to happen at any time. I have asked multiple times what's up with him, but I always get met with the puppydog glances. He's so damn good at those; what is he, half pug?

Anyway, back to Dumplin'. Any movie that has Dolly Parton as the main inspiration and music has to be amazing, and this film certainly is.