Welcome To The Nerd Lab

Cherry's POV

"For God's sake, again?!" I say into the phone to Aunt Cass. Tadashi just called her - from jail. Turns out the police finally caught Hiro just as my boyfriend was trying to escape from botfighting with him.

I drop my screwdriver next to my half-built machine and ask her, "Do you want me to come?"
"No, no, it's fine - I've got to tell them some things not meant for others to hear," she mutters angrily, and I stifle a laugh. I would not wanna be in the boys' shoes right now.

I continue working on my machine, and finally get the laser attachment at the right frequency so it won't hurt animals with thanks from Wasabi when my phone goes off again. I pick it up, expecting it to be Aunt Cass moaning about her nephews yet again, and secretly form a big happy grin in seeing Tadashi's caller ID.

I press answer and hold it up to my ear, ready to roast the Hell out of him. "Hello Tadashi. So how was prison? Did you say hello to Yama for me? You know, when I was botfighting he was always the shining star of bigotry to me."
"I know you can't see me, but I'm sticking my tongue out over the phone," my boyfriend replies with what seems like streamlined wind in the background, "Anyway, I've got Hiro with me, and you'll see us in a few minutes."

I hear faintly Hiro asking, "Where's Cherry?" and I start to tell him over the phone that I'm at SFIT working late, but the line instantly goes dead and I'm left slumping at my work station wondering why Tadashi doesn't want Hiro to know I'm here. Odd.

A few minutes later and I've just about fixed the placing of the attachment and go over to Wasabi's station to check it over with him, when the door opens and I look to see Tadashi smiling at me.

"Oh my God! The felon!" I laugh out as I run and jump onto him, giving him a big kiss in what feels like forever. Aside from our fun little time in his workroom the other day, he's been less than present most of the time; always seems to be thinking about something important or looking longingly at a drawer.

"I'm not a felon!" he protests as he puts me down with a cheeky smile, "They said it wouldn't go on my permanent record seeing as it wasn't a direct crime. So, anyway," he claps his hands then looks about him curiously, "where did he go?"
"Where did who go?" I ask before I remember he took Hiro here for some reason, and we catch him talking to Gogo, who is clearly less than impressed with being interrupted whilst experimenting.

"Oh Beyonce, my brother's gonna get himself killed," Tadashi whispers next to me, and we both walk quickly over to them.
Gogo goes to take off her helmet, a clear sign she might pop her gum in his face for good measure, and my boyfriend steps in with a hidden nervous expression.
"Gogo, this is my brother, Hiro."
The sentence seems to calm her down a little as when she removes her helmet she just pulls a tough face and says dryly to him, "Welcome to the Nerd Lab," and continues to work on her bike, which I've actually had a go on and is pretty sweet.

Now content that our punky friend isn't going to attack Hiro for interrupting her, Tadashi leans on her work counter and pulls me into a hug whilst watching his little brother poke about the bike and ask Gogo questions.
After an extremely short while, Gogo walks off without another word, signalling that she's tired of this little kid hanging round her, and Hiro looks about then heads to Wasabi's work station.

Tadashi and I head after him, and while we're walking I ask quietly, "Why did you bring him here? He's never wanted to come to college."
"But look," he points to his brother, who is being softly remonstrated by Wasabi for being too close to his laser-induced plasma work. I observe Hiro stepping back, and for once he actually looks awed by the invention.