II

"So, let's begin shall we?"

Confused we all looked at our sensei for some explanation, but we didn't have time to ask, nor need to as three shuriken were thrown our way, barely missing the three of us by a hair.

One of the boys, he had orange hair, cried out in protest, but he didn't have much time to do that either as a shadow clone quickly kicked him in the stomach, sending him flying across the grass.

"Yuji, you okay man?!" The blue haired boy called out.

That means the blue haired boy is called Masahiro - oh shit, I haven't got time to think of that.

I quickly ducked, dodging the punch thrown at my face by a new shadow clone.

I guess this was our first training exercise as a team huh?

I glanced over at my new teammates and back at my equally new sensei.

Time to fight back.

I pulled the katana from its sheath, deflecting an oncoming kunai from the shadow clone.

"Finally some balls, nice one Ayume!" Sensei chirped, happily sipping a carton of milk.

Wait what?!

He was sat, drinking milk on a log whilst we fought his shadow clones!?

It seems I wasn't the only one confused and irritated as the orange boy - Yuji - growled in frustration and slammed his fist into the shadow clone, it quickly disappearing with a pop.

But just as quickly as one went, three more appeared.

And then suddenly Masahiro gasped.

"Guys, he's going to drain his chakra reserve like this!" He cried.

"So that means we just need to tire him out a little longer?" Yuji questioned.

"And then we strike" I muttered.

The boys turned to look at me in shock.

"I don't think I've ever heard you speak!" Yuji gasped.

I zipped my lips shut, suddenly feeling much more awkward.

As we continued to fight the shadow clones, I noticed sensei's eyes narrow ever so slightly.

It seemed Masahiro noticed too, as he suddenly did a few hand signs and he was then right behind our sensei.

Yuji gasped in surprise but the element of just that didn't last long as the figure of our sensei became a log.

Masahiro tutted in frustration and the shadow clones then all dispersed, leaving the three of us confused.

"Where he g-"

Yuji was cut off by a kunai whooshing past him and nicking his ear ever so slightly.

"Well done!"

Sensei reappeared, clapping his hands together like an excited child, completely disregarding the fact that he nearly beheaded one of his students.