VIII

Masahiro stood beside me, a deadly aura around the boy as we stared at our stupid teammate.

"If you open that thing we fail" He growled, causing the ginger to laugh.

"Masa kun you're not scary at all!" Yuji exclaimed, fiddling with the heaven scroll we had previously received from some casual nin.

Rolling my eyes at the pair, I began toward our gate, dismissing the eerie vibe the place gave off.

Suddenly the gate was open whilst the grape yelled something that I didn't pay attention to and my team were by my side in an instant.

"Let's crush these fuckers" I mumbled, Masahiro chuckling darkly and Yuji grinning like a madman.

This was going to be fun.

~~~

It's been three days...

Three whole days and we haven't come across a single nin, although Yuji thankfully had put bento boxes in some sealing scrolls meaning that the wait wasn't too bad.

But I was itching to fight.

And then, almost like my voice was heard, a group of ninjas from Yugagakure appeared snarling at us like hungry animals.

Although it did pose the question of why the Hot Spring village would send ninjas.

Probably not my business.

"Heh, Ayato they just look like weak kids" A ninja said with gray hair and brown eyes.

The one named Ayato smirked down at us, narrowing his golden eyes.

"Seems so Maya, I claim the girl... she looks like she'll be fun to break" He sneered.

I rolled my eyes at this.

Now of course, it's common sense not to underestimate your opponents, and by all means, I wasn't, but damn he needed a good kick right in the pride.

"What you gonna do? Boil a kettle to death" I cackled, amused at my own joke.

Yuji of course guffawed, leaving Masahiro to sigh and probably question his existence.

"Watch it brat, don't speak to him like that" The third ninja said, his bald head glistening as he frowned.

"Woah your head is really shiny!" Yuji exclaimed, eyes twinkling.

"Enough... let's crush these kids" Maya grinned.

My eyebrow quirked in return as Ayato rushed toward me, kunai in hand and a hungry look on his face.

"Tch, I was really hoping I wouldn't have to waste my babies on the likes of you" I grumbled, pulling my Katana out and blocking his kunai in a flash.

The sound of the clang did enough to snap the other four nin out of whatever trance they were in, and pretty soon Yuji had tackled the bald guy and Maya was lunging toward Masahiro.

"Eyes back on the fight crimson~" Ayato sang.

"Crimson?" I questioned, slicing his arm ever so slightly.