VI

"BEGIN!"

My eyes scanned the paper, narrowing on the questions.

My confusion and suspicion grew as I flipped through the test.

The test in question was way too advanced for genin like ourselves. Well maybe not Masahiro, but that's besides the point.

There was no way at least half of us in here could understand this test.

I cast my thoughts back to the words that Ibiki spoke before the exam began.

"Anyone fool enough to be caught cheating by the sentinels doesn't deserve to be here"

It all makes sense now...

The exam is way too hard for us genin, and so most would resort to cheating. The thing is that if we get caught, we're not stealthy enough to become ninja. So essentially, the written test is just a way to see if we can truly sneak around and gather Intel. But if that's true, who would we cheat from?

Masahiro's smart, and i'm sure other people in here are too, but this level of difficulty?

That means that they must have someone in here with the answers.

I glanced around the room, scanning each ninja for any signs of understanding the test.

Bingo.

A guy a couple rows ahead of me was speed writing the answers down.

If this test is what I think it is, then I guess I need to copy him huh?

I took a deep breath and cleared my head.

Visions of the past and my childhood flashed through my head, but I paid them no mind.

I focused my chakra into my eyes, and then I glanced again at the nin from before.

He had put his pen down by now and was leaning back in his chair, staring at the ceiling.

It was then that I noticed a floating eyeball.

Seems i'm not the only one who caught on huh?

I slid a senbon into my palm and pricked my thumb ever so slightly.

Instead of the blood falling to the floor, the droplet weaved itself through the ninja in the room, and the second it touched the relaxed genin, it sunk into his skin and he sat upright.

I closed my eyes and when I opened them, I was looking through his own.

I was in essence, him.

About ten minutes later, I had completed the test and both me and the ninja from before we're completely relaxed.

The purple paint guy beside me had finished too, along with a handful of other ninja in the room.

It had seemed that almost everyone had resorted to cheating at this point, however it had cost the weak.

Around three teams had left at this point, and i'm pretty sure one of the kids cried.