IV

The journey itself was how to put it... chaotic as a brief summary.

Yuji was hit by Eichi sensei at least twenty times because he just would not shut up. Masahiro kept glaring daggers at Ryo, who just looked at him nonchalantly. Miyuki was desperately trying to flirt with Haruki, who was just not having any of it. And of course throughout the entire journey, Ahiko sensei kept making backhanded comments about myself, to which no one said anything, seemingly too caught up in their own matters, or simply not caring.

Of course it would be the latter, but for now i'd tell myself otherwise to keep my spirits from dampening even further than they had.

The times when we stopped to catch our breath or settle for the night was even worse.

It was either awkward silence, non stop bickering or the most frequent being me getting scolded by Ahiko sensei for the smallest things.

Like when we were putting our sleeping bags down for the first time, I had placed mine in between Masahiro's and a tree. This resulted in Ahiko sensei labelling me as a 'slut' for sleeping beside boys.

She forced me to move beside Miyuki, to which the girl responded terribly, screaming about not wanting to sleep beside someone so 'foul' as myself. This then led to Ahiko sensei forcing me away from the group, leaving me completely exposed and alone if we were attacked.

But once again, no one said a thing, not even Eichi sensei, who's literal job it was to train and mentor me.

Thankfully, the three days of travel went by quite quickly and the sight of Konoha's large wooden gates brought an internal sense of relief washing over my body.

We quickly showed the shinobi guarding the gate our documents and explained our reasons for travelling to the foreign village.

This quickly lightened up the men, who then showed us to our hotels and requested the two jounin with us to speak with the Hokage later in the day after we had settled in.

Thankfully, the hotel arrangements were that team 5 shared a room which had a connected room for Ahiko sensei, and the arrangements were the same for my own.

Although I felt slightly hurt by my comrades actions, I still felt better about sharing a room with the two of them rather than being with any of the shinobi from team 5.

Our hotel room consisted of three beds against a wall, each separated by a small nightstand by the head of the beds.

The room had fairly neutral colours, the floor and walls being wooden, the sheets being creme and a picture of the hokage hanging on the wall above the beds.

As soon as we walked in, Masahiro took the middle bed and Yuji flopped on the farthest one to the left.

I walked to the right end bed and sat down, taking a few things out of my bag, such as spare kunai and a small scroll, and placed them on the nightstand.

The room was filled with a thick silence and I could feel my fellow teammates eyeing me as I sorted through my bag.

Masahiro was the first one to speak up.

"Hey don't listen to what team 5 said..."

I scoffed and looked him in the eye.