XI

~3rd pov~

"Suzume"

"Freak"

The pair of ninjas greeted one another with hard eyes.

"Let the match commence!"

The second the proctor spoke, Ayume darted forward, Katana now unsheathed and glowing blue.

Miyuki scowled and formed a quick handsign, replacing herself with a clone, leading the red eyed girl's weapon to slice through thin air.

"Catch me if you can freak!" The brunette called from the corner of the arena.

A small chuckle left the youngers lips and she suddenly disappeared.

Everyone in the facility stared, eyes wide in confusion.

"Boo"

Miyuki screamed at the sudden appearance and ran away.

Smirking, Ayume rolled the Katana inbetween her hands before tightening her grip.

"Say Suzume? When did you last get a trim?" The crimson eyed girl wondered aloud, causing the former to shreik and form hand signs as quick as she could.

From the stands, each ninja watched with bated breath as Ayume suddenly stilled, her eyes becoming dull and the grip on her weapon loosening.

Thinking she had won, Miyuki stalked forward, raking her cerulean orbs over the seemingly defencless Ayume.

"Ha. You're as weak as I thought, getting stuck in a genjutsu" Miyuki taunted.

Masahiro gasped as he saw his teammates fingers glow a pale blue.

"Proctor san I beleive I have won, you may aswell call of the ma-"

"Checkmate"

Miyuki tensed as she heard the voice in her ear and felt the cool metal of a Katana against her throat.

"H-How"

"You forget Suzume san, that I have immense chakra control, I simply blocked the flow and redirected it, your genjutsu was weak, and now you shall fall"

Before the brunette could reply, she fell to the floor, her body slumping over the concrete.

Ayume let her fingers rub against her temple as she sighed.

"Fucking hell" She mumbled, making her way back up to her team after being crowned as the victor.

"What did you do?" Masahiro questioned quietly once she stood between the pair of boy's that she called squadmates.

Ayume shrugged, unwilling to talk about her clans secret jutsu.

All she had done was restrict the blood flow to Miyuki's brain, but she didn't want Masahiro nor Yuji thinking any less of her after using such techniques.

Her family and her history, especially the jutsu that was hidden within her past was something that many she knew were sensitive.