V

I woke up just as the sky began to lighten.

I stood up, stretching my limbs and waking myself up a little more.

Today the chunin exams were starting, meaning I had to find my team, if I could even call it that.

Sighing, I made my journey back to the hotel, the sun rising just as I entered the room.

To no surprise the to boys were still very much asleep, which was a pain considering the exam was in a few hours and I still wasn't on the best terms with the pair.

Ignoring my teammates, I quickly changed into a fresh set of clothing that was similar to my usual attire, however I opted for ankle high ninja sandals rather than the usual thigh length ones. Although I was now less protected, at least I wouldn't sweat to death in the sweltering heat of Konoha.

Once I had freshened up, I strapped my Katana to my back and filled my kunai pouch, slipping a few senbons into the strap that held it to my thigh.

After a few minutes if debating, I decided to wake the boys up.

Masahiro was quick to respond to the light pushing on his shoulder and quickly got up and dressed, completely disregarding my presence, whereas Yuji was a little more difficult.

At one point I was tempted to punch the boy, instead I opted for opening his eyes myself, to which he finally woke up, his brown eyes meeting mine and immediately swatting my hands away and getting ready.

The morning was quiet and tension filled. It stayed like this even when we met up with team 5 and both of our senseis.

It was like a breath of fresh air when we reached the floor where the first exam was being held.

Of course I wasn't grateful for the chatter for too long, because pretty much as soon as I locked eyes with a set of bright blue ones, I was face to face with the blonde kid, his face scrunched up all funny and he looked almost constipated.

From beside me I could sense Yuji's confusion and Masahiro grew a little tense, but all I could really focus on was the complete disregard of personal space that the blonde was giving me.

Just as I was about to tell him to move, he pulled away and thrust a thumb in my direction.

"I don't care that you graduated a year early, I will become even more powerful than you, and I will become the greatest Hokage that's ever lived!" His voice was full of passion and pride.

"..."

"Aren't you gonna say anything ttebayo?!"

"Good for you?" I questioned.

Yuji stifled a laugh behind his hand and I could see Masahiro smirking at the blonde.

The kid groaned and was about to say something before being interrupted by duck butt.

"Naruto stop being so loud and challenging people you don't know fool." He scolded.

As soon as he said that, the pinkette from yesterday was stood by his side and was almost drooling over Masahiro.

The said boy had a look of disgust cross his face and he was quick to turn away, pretending to be interested in something else.