VII

I stayed silent and still faced as I let Masahiro pull me toward the exit of the building we were in and out onto the streets of Konohagakure.

Suddenly a bright tuff of orange filled my vision when Yuji appeared, holding Masahiro's free hand and dragging us toward the Hokage mountains.

As confused as I felt, I didn't feel like speaking to either Masahiro nor Yuji, however it seemed the latter had other plans because as soon as we made it to the top, the ginger turned to me with a guilty smile and spoke.

"I'm sorry Aya chan"

He sounded sincere enough, I mean for once he wasn't smiling like an idiot, but I knew he'd change the second we were around the other team.

"Ayame?" Masahiro called out my name in concern.

I lightly scoffed, unwilling to forgive them so easily.

"We're trying to make things right. Why are you making it so difficult?"

The blue haired boy's words were so calm and delicate, but I could sense the frustration, no I could see it.

His eyebrows had creased slightly and his posture became more rigid.

Yuji kept looking between us, his eyes wide and mouth slightly parted.

"I'll tell you why. Because even though you're acting like my team now, doesn't mean that you won't go back to forgetting I exist when we're around the others. No sorry I said that wrong, you knew I was there, you just decided to act like you didn't"

I kept my voice monotone, forcing all emotion to leave my tone, although I'm pretty sure it was obvious I was hurt.

Both boys looked at me, guilt clouding their features as they stood unknowing of what to do.

Suddenly a random ninja appeared from nowhere holding up kunai.

Yuji pulled out his own kunai, preparing to attack if necessary, however me and Masahiro stared at the nin blankly.

"Guys why aren't you doing anything?" The ginger whispered frustratedly.

Masahiro chuckled.

"Yuji look closely"

The said boy stared at the unmoving ninja in confusion, still not grasping the situation.

"Oh dear you really are hopeless" I muttered, taking a seat on the floor.

Masahiro was quick to join me and stared at the two ninjas with a smirk tugging at his lips.

"Guys a little help!" Yuji exclaimed.

"Ohohoho~ I can take you out right now" The ninja threatened.

Glaring at the intruder, Yuji pulled out another kunai, now holding one in each hand.

He was not incredibly skilled at Kenjutsu, so it was honestly beyond me why on earth the ginger pulled out the weapons.

Then he did something none of us expected.

Suddenly both kunai were flung in both Masahiro and It's direction by a smirking Yuji.