XIII

~3rd pov~

Today, more than ever, Ayume felt truly proud of herself.

As sweat dripped from her forhead and her aunty lay sprawled beneath the kunai that was tightly pressed against the skin on her throat, Ayume swelled with pride.

For the past month, Kyoko had been pushing her neice to defeat her in not only hand to hand combat but also with the use of her kekkei genkai.

Today she had done both.

A wicked grin broke out across the woman's features, her red orbs twinkling in glee.

"You should be proud of yourself Ayume" She stated as the pair stood up, dusting themselves off.

"I am"

Kyoko nodded at the younger, watching in facination as her eyes dulled from the glowing red that it was only moments ago.

"So the exam is tomorrow..." Kyoko began nervously.

Ayume immediately picked up on the shift.

Never once since the woman had arrived did she seem nervous, not even when sparring.

"I'll be leaving as soon as you're done"

It felt like a slap to the face for the younger.

After so many years she had finially found someone who was family, and now they were leaving?

Just like that?

Ayume didn't realise she spoke aloud until a small apology left Koyoko's lips.

"I'm sorry... I have to leave... I don't live here at the moment, not after- never mind, lets just go"

Ayume shook her head.

"Not after what?"

Kyoko sighed.

"Ei... your sensei and I, well we dated and I got pregnant, and I miscarried. That was a year ago now and it's hard to face him"

Ayume glared at her aunt.

"So you're the one sensei talks about in his sleep? You know he said he keeps a locket of the woman he loves around his neck? And you're going to just leave him again? Leave me aswell? Fine. But I'll be taking my leave first"

The ravenette spun on her heel and stormed away from her shocked aunt.

~~~

"Small chan?"

"Fuck off blondie" Ayume mumbled into her knees, not having the energy to punch the former.

A groan left her lips as the nin sat beside her, legs dangling over the fourth Hokage's head.

"That's not fucking off dumbass"

"This was my spot first ttatebayo!"

Instead of fighting with the elder, Ayume got up and began to walk away.