IX

By the time my team and I had made it to the tower, another day had passed.

The three of us, though tired from running, had barely a scratch on us as we walked in through the orange double doors.

Well, Yuji did have a bruise on his head, but that was from Masahiro telling him off for trying to eat a wild berry even though we had food.

Sometimes I question how on earth that boy's still living.

The room was eerily empty once we walked in, not a soul in sight.

Out of instinct, I felt the kunai blade in my palm and narrowed my eyes.

"Ew guys don't you think it's kinda creepy?" Yuji asked, shuddering slightly.

"What are you talking about you id- WATCH OUT!"

Masahiro stepped forward, attempting to catch the falling ginger, who by the way, fell over the air, however he failed, causing Yuji to whine at the floor, not realising what he had just done.

"YOU IDIOT THE SCROLLS!"

Yuji shot up from his position on the floor and ran to my side.

"Ayu chan~ protect meeee, Masa kun is going to kill me" He squealed.

I simply raised a brow.

"Why would I help yo- Is that a summoning scroll?"

Just as I spoke, a cloud of smoke enveloped the room.

Masahiro, Yuji and I were quick to jump back, each putting our sleeves by our mouths, kunai in the other hand, prepared for anything.

The smoke cleared revealing...

"Eichi sensei?" Masahiro mumbled.

I nodded, immediately sensing the farmilair scent of smoke and earth.

"Hi hi~"

~~~

"Finally" I mumbled as the blonde kid and his team walked into the large hall.

There was about twenty miniutes before the second test was over, and considering that there were already more of us in here than I could be bothered with, it meant that those three were most likely the last to walk through those orange doors.

As if his stupid radar went off, Yuji squealed in excitement and waved at Naruto, who also waved back and made his way over.

Duckbutt sighed, staring off into space whilst pinkie stared at something else.

Masahiro, ever the flirt, winked at the drooling girl, leaving me to deal with the two idiots.

"How are you feeling Naru chan?"

The said blonde spluttered out a reply before suddenly falling silent, looking between my team and I.

"Naru chan?"

"How... how is it that none of you have a single scratch on you?!" His voice grew louder as he spoke.