Chapter 01

*Note* There is now a prequel in progress that I'm working on called "Cupid's Past", so it'd be great if you could all go over and check it out! Hopefully my grammar has improved :')

THIS STORY WAS FORMERLY KNOWN AS THE LOVE SECRETARY just a heads up ;)

NOW READ AWAY! :DD

So this is my new story c: I got this idea while I was talking to my friend about her Ex somehow so yeah.. Haha anyway I hope you guys enjoy it and possibly VOTE and leave a COMMENT either is appreciated if you like the book but both would be epic ;D

P.S. I'll try to make this book longer since most of my stories so far are on the short side xD

P.P.S Look at that awsome cover ------> made by AshleeMay, highly recommended.. er maker? LOL you guys should go to her for your covers ;)

Vote&Comment&Enjoy!

-Aii

Chapter 01:

"One McChicken Combo with Coke with large fries on the side please." I spoke into the speaker placed at the entrance of the McDonald's drive-thru, rolling along the curved path once my order was confirmed. As I slowed to a stop at the first window, there was a cashier that sat waiting with a bored expression. Her nails were painted red, tapping impatiently against the greasy cash register. Her uniform hat was perched on a messy low bun that consisted of blond hair that was dyed neon colours, and glittery stands that had been tied in.

"Payton Quinn, did you hear a word I said?" My Mom's scolding tone came through my car's speakers, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Yes," I answered even though I did not hear a thing she had said.

She made a noise of impatience as I pulled out my wallet to pay.

"What did I say then?" she asked, knowing that I was not paying attention.

I handed the cashier a ten dollar bill, sighing as she gave me a knowing look having overheard our phone conversation. She handed me my change and smiled.

"Moms, but what can we do?" The cashier chuckled, displaying her yellow elastics bound braces and slightly crooked teeth.

I started moving forward again.

"Tell me about it," I muttered with a deep sigh.

"Well? Are you not you going to answer me?" My Mom snapped, drawing my attention back to the speakers.

From her tone anyone would believe she was one of those strict and uptight moms, but she was not. She was quite the opposite actually. I swore that she was more childish than I was, and that said a lot. I guess now I knew where I got it from.

"You were talking about how I should talk to someone about my relationship problems and how it is not good to keep it bottled up inside," I sighed.

"And-" she began when I finished, but I cut her off.

"And that if I don't, I will eventually burst into a river of tears or go on a rampage because of all the feelings that are going to come spewing out of me." I finished as I moved to grab my takeout bag, smiling wryly at the new worker who was giving me a raised brow.

"I never said it like that," she sniffed, surprised that I had actually got it right.

After glancing once last time at the worker with a pre-puberty surfer style, I picked out a fry from the bag and pulled out of the drive-thru lane and parking lot, out onto the road. The truth was that I really was not listening and did not know what she was saying, but since she gave the same spiel every single time, it was hard not get it right. I could probably recite her words in my sleep.