chapter 12 :)

Y/n pov:

[Dustin and I are meeting at star court mall to meet steve and show him the russain communication tape]

I ride my back and see Dustin at the entrance.
"Hey !" I say. "Hey y/n! Ok so um you've meant steve before?" He asked me. "Yes. I have he knows who I am." I say. We laugh and make our way to scoops ahoy. We stand in line and then we approach a light brown/blond haired teenage girl. Dustin and I smile. "Hi." We say together. "Hi." Said the girl. "I'm dustin and this is y/n." Dustin stated. "I'm Robin." Robin said. "Pleasure to meet you." I say. "Uh, is---is he here?" Dustin asked. "Is who here?" Robin asked. Just then steve bursted through the back door. "Henderson." Steve says putting his hands up. Dustin just points and laughs. I just stare confused. "Henderson! Hes back! " steve says making his way across the counter. Robin and I eye what the hell is even happening. "He's back!" Steve says again. Jeez I've never seen him to happy and excited. "I'm back!" Dustin said. "You got the job!" Dustin said excited. "I got the job!" Steve shouted excitedly back. Then střeve starts imitating a trumpet. "Hey! Oh!" Steve says while steve and Dustin do this some kind of handshake. Robin looks at me. I mouth "I don't even know." She nods and we look back them. Then act like they are imitating lightsabers clashing together. Then they laugh. "Ah!" Steve said being finished the handshake thing. " how many children are you friends with?" Robin asked. I chuckled.  Robin smirks and winks at me. Steve sighs and points at robin.

[ Time skip]

Dustin is catching up with steve about what has happened while he was at camp and I'm just talking to robin about life. Robin and I heard steve say, "I gotta keep in shape for the ladies " "yeah and how's that working out for you?" Robin asked. I just laugh. "Ignore her." Steve tells Dustin. And robin continues cleaning and I just listen to my walk man. I decide to walk over the steve and Dustin. "Hello, um so where are the other knuckleheads?" Steve asked Dustin and I. "They ditched him yesterday." I say. Dustin nods. "No." Steve said shocked. "My first day back. Can you believe that shit. Only y/n stayed she the only one who cares." Dustin says upset. "Whoa. Seriously?" Steve asks. "I swear to God. Mm. " dustin said taking another bite of his ice cream. "They're gonna regret it; though, but time, when they don't get to share in y/n and I's glory." Dustin says. I nodd. "Glory? What glory?" Steve asks.  Dustin and I moved closer. "So last night, we're  trying to get in contact with suzie.." dustin started "oh mmm." Steve said. Ew wtf. "And uh.." dustin said in his normal voice. Then whispered, "I intercepted a secret  russain communication." "What ?" Steve asks. Omg are you deaf Steve. "Uh." Dustin started. "I intercepted a secret russain communication." Dustin says a little louder. "Just speak louder." Steve said. "I INTERCEPTED A SECRET RUSSAIN COMMUNICATION!" dustin said extremely loud. Then everyone stopped and started. Great. "Dude!" I say hitting his shoulder. "Jeez. Shh. Yeah, okay, that's what I thought you said. " steve said. "Ok well now that you've told steve I'm gonna go hang out with will. " I say. "Alright thanks y/n!" He said. "No prob, nice seeing you steve." I say. "You took y/n." Steve says back. "Bye robin!" I yell across the shop. "Bye y/n nice meeting ya!" She yelled. "Ok bye." I say smiling then leaving. I get on my bike and make my way to Mike's because will wasnt at wills house. I knock on the door and mrs.wheeler opens. "Oh hi y/n on in the boys are in the basement." She says. "Ok thank you." I say smiling then I open the door and make my way down the staires. " hi y/n!" Lucas says. As hes the only one seeing me. "Hey guys!" I say. "Hey!" Mike says. And will comes up from behind and hugs me. "Hi." He says putting his head on my shoulder.

[Time skip to when Mike told me the whole situation with el]

Will is setting up the d&d game board to play and Lucas and I are sitting on the couch trying to help mike.
"She knows I'm lying. She knows I'm lying." Mike said. Over and over.  "I dont even understand. Why lie?" Lucas asks. "Hopper. He threatened me." Mike said. "Did he say he'd kill you?" I ask. " what? No." Mike said. "So then what's the big deal?" I ask. "The big deal is, if I don't do what he says, then he'll stop me from seeing El." Mike said. Wow jeez hopper is tough. "Like permanently." Mike says. Lucas puts his hand over his eyes and on his head. "You don't understand lucas and y/n. Hes crazy!" Mike says. "Hes lost his mind." Mike says pointing to his head. "Hey guys, I'm almost set up here." Will said. "Okie be ther-" I started but Mike cut my off. "I had no choice, y/n and Lucas. I really had no choice." Mike said. "I just wish you'd consulted me." Lucas said. "Because the way you handled this, you're in deep shit." I say to mike. Mike sits down and grabs his head. "AHH!" mike groans. "I'm not gonna lie. Its gonna be bad." Lucas says. Mike groans again.  "But , you can fix this. It's just one little mistake." Lucas says. "What?" I ask. "I've made hundreds, thousands."Lucas said. "I've made none haha." Will says I smile. "Max has dumped me five times. But have I done? Huh? Have I despaired? No. I've marched back into battle, and I've won her back every single freaking time." Lucas says. "How?" Mike and I ask. "I'll show you." Lucas says. "Come on." Lucas says. "But-" I was about to say when mike got up with Lucas and ran upstairs. "Wait! Guys!" Will yelled. "We're still here!" I yell. Then the door opens. "Guys?" Will asks. "We should go and follow them." I say. "Yea let's go." He says. Hr grabs my hand and I giggle. Then  we run up the stairs and walk out the door.