ii. jason todd for you

DAMNED GODS,
chapter two: jason todd for you!

Seven years later.

          OLIVIA WAYNE POINTED THE ARROW GLORIOUSLY, waiting for the right moment to release it. The young woman looked around, looking for any trace of distraction but ended up realizing that the only people looking at her and that they could be a possible distraction could be Dick Grayson and Atlas Eisley - her best friend, after Dick. Seven years had passed since the Olivia's family incident and knowing that all that she had left behind, gave her great comfort. Olivia Winifred Wayne could admit that she lived quietly, despite the activities of her current mentor and brother by choice: yet she felt good and felt safe. Bruce Wayne was eternally grateful to have the young blonde in his environment, not only because he had company - but that she was there to help out in bad times or even tense moments, just as Dick's decision was to leave Bruce and stop being Robin.

          The Wayne girl was completely positive in Grayson's decision and tried to soften Bruce, however, his anger was something much darker than she thought. Olivia was actually beginning to understand the bond Dick and Bruce had during those ten years. She was living it in her own flesh, she was feeling them with all the nerves lodged in her body and she was seeking to understand. But she found that each person carries their own demons and Dick was very clear in telling her not to try to stop him in his decision. Olivia remembered raising her hands and stepping aside, helping in her own way. Bruce, on the other hand, was thinking of a damn plan B - a new Robin.

          Olivia didn't have to guess. She knew it.

          Bruce Wayne wanted to make her yet another soldier.

          A soldier, able to follow him in the shadows, be his pawn - his doll to play with and destroy. Dick Grayson himself didn't allow it. Olivia heard every word during the discussion he and Bruce had before the acrobat left the mansion. Olivia remembered all the anger and darkness that swayed between them: it was an inevitable shock and nobody saw it coming. On that dark night, where the cold could penetrate every nerve in the body, the Wayne girl watched from the second floor of the library as Dick Grayson left the nest of the Wayne mansion.

          "Why are you doing this, Dick?" Bruce asked with clear annoyance evident in his voice.

          "It's for the best, Bruce," Dick declared and looked at the figure of Olivia up the steps. "For all. The time has come for me to stop being Robin."

          "Batman can't do it alone and you know it," Olivia said, approaching him with a book in her hand. "Who will be Robin, then?"

          Bruce looked at Dick and switched his gaze to the blonde. "I think we already know the answer."