xiv. the real you

TWO SOULS,
chapter fourteen: the real you!

          BATMAN AND BATWOMAN PLANNED AMONG THE CLOUDS OF TOXIN REMAINING IN THE CITY. Olivia was silent, feeling a bitter taste in her mouth. She was still trying to swallow the simple fact that the Joker's blood was really affecting her mentally and she didn't want to see when the end came, when she ended up being like him. If Tim didn't find a cure soon, the only option she had was a single bullet to the head or ending up in a cell at Arkham Asylum. However, they had to finish several tasks: catch Crane and the Arkham Knight. Bruce was quite confused by his protégé's funny attitude towards the enemy, but he guessed that the two of them spent time alone when he kidnapped Olivia in those hours while he was with Simon Stagg. But he made no comment about it, knowing well that Olivia was already aware of that and the blonde was soon rolling her eyes about it.

          Dick and Bruce were always picky about the guys who dated the blonde.

          But that wasn't the case.

          (Olivia never really understood why they were intruding with her love life. To protect her? Absolute bullshit.)

          Bruce came down near a giant plant, which was slowly perishing and his partner followed, both landing in front of a giant bulb - which opened wide, revealing Poison Ivy in a very weak state. Olivia looked at the weak creature, who straightened up again to try to remove all the toxin at once. Pamela Isley let out a cry of agony and her body released an orange glow, causing the dying plant to begin to turn green, spreading the last touch of life that Ivy gave it.

          She fell to the ground, crawling and Olivia ran to help her. Despite the alleged enmity, she knew that the actions of the woman who manipulated the plants were noble and heroic. She took her in her arms and Bruce moved closer to them, listening as Isley tried to catch her breath, feeling weaker and weaker. All around her, the toxin was dissipating, disappearing like ash. Olivia felt the air less dense and much cleaner. The sky darkened again, to take on that darkness that so characterized Gotham City and silence reigned. Small green particles floated around her and the Ivy plants were still standing.

          She doesn't.

          "It's over, Ivy," Olivia murmured.

          Pamela raised a hand, parts of it were detached, like leaves, disintegrating her hand completely.

          "Nature...always wins."

          And with that, she simply disappeared.

          Poison Ivy's body vanished in front of Olivia.

          "Sir, the gas cloud is dissipating! You did it," Alfred announced in the comms. "Well, with the help of Ivy. We underestimate the humanity that she still preserves."