xi. a stupid clue

TWO SOULS,
chapter eleven: a stupid clue!

          KEEPING SOMETHING A SECRET THAT COULD MAKE THE MISSION WORSE WAS A RISK OLIVIA WAYNE WAS WILLING TO TAKE. Despite being loyal to her mentor, despite being loyal to the cause, she had her interest in the identity of the Arkham Knight and was willing to find out who the man behind that mask was. The young woman observed the location that Atlas had sent her on the position of her current mentor and how he insisted that she come. The blond-haired vigilante swayed between Gotham City's grand buildings, encountering the same scum she saw every night when Bruce was on patrol with Dick or Jason. The young woman remained thoughtful at the time, realizing that if she didn't look ahead - she would end up crashing in front of a GCPD sign.

          (The girl yelped before firing her hook higher.)

          Olivia glided freely between some buildings before reaching the bay, encountering a large - not to say intimidating - figure dressed in black with bat ears. The young woman landed effortlessly, crying out in pain as she nearly stumbled to her feet. The Wayne girl turned on her heel, fixing her gaze on not-so-soft eyes on her; a completely tense and impatient look.

          Damn.

          Oh, if a lot of people said meeting Bruce Wayne was easy, Olivia could freely tell them that they were all wrong.

          She smiled, "How was it chasing the Arkham Knight?"

          "Where the hell were you?" The Dark Knight asked flatly. "I needed your help."

          Olivia pursed her lips into a fine line. It was too clear that she would choose to lie to hide the true situation, but...how long could she hide the truth? The blonde was about to say something when another person appeared by one of the edges of the small building where they were. Olivia turned, meeting a boy who was taller than her, older, but seeing his face reminded her of the same old jerk who came to visit the mansion from time to time.

          (But Olivia really loved him like a brother, to clarify.)

          Dick Grayson walked towards them, looking at his mentor with amusement. "Are you still wandering the rooftops?"

          "You shouldn't have come," Batman replied, looking seriously at Nightwing. "Not tonight."

          Dick nodded and pointed to the blonde. "She shouldn't be here, that's for sure," the vigilante stressed with annoyance. "I thought we had a deal, Bruce."

          "Excuse me?" Olivia exclaimed, crossing her arms.

          "This is an extraordinary case, Dick," Bruce replied, maintaining his position. "Liv is more than qualified to do this," Olivia stuck her tongue out at Dick and he rolled his eyes. "In addition, she has managed to stand out very well with her fights being the first time."