vii. scarecrow's plan

TWO SOULS,
chapter seven: scarecrow's plan!

          BOTH ENDED ON A STEP AWAY FROM GORDON, Batman activated a holographic communicator that showed the face of Barbara Gordon in front of them. Olivia Wayne took a deep breath and approached her mentor, both looking at the young woman - who was in one of the many hiding places the Dark Knight possessed throughout Gotham. Barbara stared at them, her colorless hologram revealing that she was with the lights off, the baticomputer being the only source of light.

          "Oracle, position of unit 2-47," Batman announced.

          "I'm already at it," Said the redhead. "Atlas is accessing the terminal of your suit, Batwoman. I will couple it to the communications."

          Within seconds, Olivia's suit gauntlet began to emit faint sounds and she pressed the first button she saw, managing to drop a smoke bomb and achieve a completely serious face from her father. She gave a nervous laugh and pressed the other button, which was close to a small light, and a holographic screen was revealed, showing Atlas Eisley's face. He looked at the two guards and winked. "That suit suits you very well, too. You look like someone else."

          "Stop flirting with my daughter, Eisley," Batman growled.

          "Okay, okay," The blonde replied, raising both hands. "I'm sorry, sir."

          "You will need a code name to communicate with us," Olivia declared, staring at him.

          "Oh, I know that," Eisley added with a sideways smile. "I will be Phantom."

          "Great," Bruce and Olivia muttered at the same time.

         "How's my father doing?" Gordon asked suddenly.

          Batman looked at the hologram. "He's holding on."

          "Somehow, he always does," something blinked next to him. "Okay, I'll send you the location of the patrol" A small light flickered on both their gauntlets. Barbara looked at the two vigilantes seriously. "Be careful, because it doesn't look very good. Atlas and I will communicate and be your guides."

          "Take it for granted, Gordon," Phantom replied. "Proceed with extreme caution and I wish you luck."

          The two disconnected at the same time and left the two watchers alone. Bruce touched his gauntlet and his eyes lit up white, Olivia imitated that same action and her eyes were wrapped in a kind of map, indicating the temperature, her heartbeat and even her adrenaline level. The target was a few blocks from them so they both jumped, unfurling their cloaks, both gliding through Gotham buildings with their hooks. They arrived at a part of the city that Olivia knew very well: Chinatown, and they stayed on top of a metal beam, observing the completely overturned car, a policeman being surrounded by several criminals. Batwoman looked at the night knight, inquisitively and also nervously, since they had company a few meters away. "Okay...Any plan?