9. The Two Hour Room

Now, remember that REALLY awkward moment of cleaning the bathroom while the guest was in the tub? And remember how I told you their room was always dirty and all the girls were worried about who got these rooms when they checked out? 

If your wondering, "Hey, was it you that got these rooms?" My answer would be yes, I did. I got one of the two rooms on my board. I groaned because it was the only room that was vacant on my board. 

They had been there for two months. TWO and that was a build-up of not so proper cleaning and very, very smelly rooms. This was after a 15-day extension for each room. I thought I was going to die!

Emberly, another girl that worked there, she was considerably older than me, had the other. 

I stepped into the room. It was gross and it smelled awful. I got to work and didn't even bother setting a timer. I knew it was going to take a while. 

The first thing I had to do was move the beds back to their original place. Dragging these beds was difficult when doing it on your own and that is what I was doing. 

The next was stripping both beds to nothing and replacing them. From the mattress protector all the way up to the pillowcases. I had to change the pillows and decorative pillows as well. 

My next goal was dusting cleaning the mini-fridge and microwave... which were BLACKER THAN THE BLACKEST THING YOU COULD EVER SEE!!! I was cursing under my breath the whole time. 

In the end, I had to scrub the walls, inside and outside everything and the bathroom was bleached and cleaned. 

A saving grace came when I stepped into the shower and closed the shower door. It smelled like floral shampoo. The only good smell in the entire room. 

In the end, it took two hours to finish this room and I was surprisingly able to recover from this time loss. 

It took three weeks for the awful smell to go away.