25. The Week of No Phone

It's hard to believe a cellphone can be such a big issue or non-issue in the workplace. There was a point in time in my where I had lost my phone and I wasn't able to take it for a week. 

This week was horrible. 

When I work, I always carry my phone with me into rooms, I use it as a timer because I only have 30 minutes in a check out and 15 minutes in a stayover, I use it for music because we are allowed to do that and music keeps me motivated and focused and for communication with my manager or supervisor. 

Now this week was horrible because of not having any music. It was too quiet for me and the silence always drives me crazy and I didn't know how to work the radio on the clocks like other housekeepers did. 

I managed to keep pace the way I usually do, but I didn't have fun while doing it. Normally, while cleaning I was dancing and singing along to the music, but as I said, with no phone I couldn't do that and it was horrible. No, it was brutal.

there is also another reason for why this week was horrible. I also got threatened with my job for not having my phone with me. The people in charge for the day use the phone as a way to contact me about vacant rooms, or if I have a question or a room they need to check out. Any communication that needs to be had, was done through text and without my phone I couldn't do that.

And so they told me, I could have been fired from my job for not having my cellphone because it is nessicary for work. 

WHAT! I get in trouble for using my phone for anything aside from messaging you, music and a timer and now if I don't have it on me I could be fired?! Makes no sense to you either right? 

I thought so.