12. Gena

As I have stated before, all names are fake, including the name Gena. I just wanted to dedicate a chapter to the one person I felt I could view as a friend and not just a co-worker. 

Gena has heard it all, my work life, and my home life and my school life and has listened with an open ear. She is trustworthy and gave me advice when it came to really big things like the mistreatment I got from my manager and supervisor after calling in sick and getting a write up for it and my ass handed to me on a silver platter. 

She had worked there for many years and was friends with these people but she gave me the advice I needed to hear to help me. 

I will consider adding a chapter about this experience. 

I found myself excited for the days she was working because I loved to talk to her about anything and everything: anything being my one course I was taking online and everything being my shitty ex-friends that were definitely shitty. Like beyond the shitty spectrum. 

She was one of those people that were easy to talk to, old enough to be my mother, but not too old. I laughed and smiled with her as I helped folding laundry with her. 

There were also times where she would be acting as supervisor and those were the days I enjoyed the most.

If you know who you are out there... You are an awesome person and you helped me with a lot of things. Thank you.