15. Bullshit The Bathrooms not Done

I just hopped out of my dad's van and watched him drive away. Gena was lead hand today, my supervisor and manager, away. She was outside, just coming in from having a smoke.

"I'm obligated to tell you that we got a complaint yesterday from a guest saying that you didn't clean their bathroom before they checked in," she said grinning.

She gave me the details about the room number and how the person on shift at the front desk went to check.

"Bullshit I didn't clean their bathroom," I growled. "My supervisor would never let that slide."

She smiled, "I know, that's what I told front desk. I said Pandemonium is one of the most thorough people I know, she wouldn't leave a room without it being done."

I smiled and we went inside the hotel.

I thought a moment, "I remember very well cleaning that bathroom. They had 4 towels on the floor and the shower still soaking wet."

She nodded and after a small conversation, I got to work.

***

It was a couple of hours into my shift and Gena came to look at my board and check my rooms.

I had been thinking, "hey do you know what time they made the complaint at?"

"9 o'clock at night, why?" She asked.

"Because I watched them check-in at 4:30. I was in this room when they checked in," I said with a sly smile on my face.

"Kinda weird to put something like that off for close to 5 hours don't you think?"

She nodded and smiled, "I'm telling front desk that right now."

Needless to say, I didn't get in trouble and the people looking for a free night, I'm guessing, didn't get what they wanted too.