8. Bather While Cleaning

Now, this is one of my more awkward moments. Like REALLY AWKWARD! Before and after this, I have had plenty more. I have tripped over bedsheets, tripped over my own sheets, walked into rooms of sleeping guests and many more. 

I was cleaning this room, the guests had already been there for a month. They always took service, but their rooms were always bad when the other girls and I got back to it the next day. 

They had just moved to Canada and were waiting for a house. It would take a while it seemed.

They had two rooms with five children. A teen, a preteen, a young child and twin toddlers.

Nobody wanted to have these rooms on their board. They were always gross and always put the girls behind. They smelled bad and they were a ton of work.

Everyone especially dreaded the day they checked out.

I had a joke going that I would only say in the safety of the laundry room. "Whoever gets those rooms on their board when they check out might as well have rooms taken away now."

Well, I had their rooms one day and the mother (who didn't speak English) was in the tub. They had requested service. They were having guests over soon.

I was just finishing the bedroom area. "I can come back when your mom is done in the bath," I told the preteen.

She ran into the bathroom to speak with her mother, "clean the bathroom now please. We will do the tub."

I shook my head adamant on waiting. But they continued to insist. I went in and did it.

It was awful. I felt so awkward cleaning a bathroom with a naked woman behind a thin curtain. I was thankful it wasn't see-through.

I kept my eyes away from the bathtub as I worked quickly to get out of there.

It was the fastest, I think, I have ever cleaned in all my time at a hotel.

Nobody has ever heard this outside work. Folks, consider yourself lucky that I am sharing this now.