7. Mystical White Powder

It was the end of a very long, very bad day. The rooms were awful to clean and the guests were awful to deal with.

I had one room left, it was a late checkout. All I had to do was wait for half an hour. 30 minutes and I could begin the ending process of a day I wanted to be over.

I decided to help Sheri fold laundry. She's always an amazing person to chat with.

My supervisor came in and checked the computer, "Your room is gone." Finally, the end was near!

"I'll see you guys in half an hour. That's if the rooms not bad," I called as the door closed behind me.

And oh ho ho... It. Was. BAD!

I started with the garbage first. Normally I started with the beds. It was fairly standard, garbage on the floor and end table until I got to the desk and dresser.

A mysterious white powder was scattered on the desk and in the drawers. "What the fuck?" I mumbled as I took a closer look at the white substance. And no way in hell was I even thinking if touching it.

It was fine, not like granulated sugar, more like powdered sugar, but I can tell you, it didn't smell like powdered sugar and it didn't have that silvery sheen of it either.

I was stumped for a moment longer. Still on a timer, I grabbed the vacuum to suck it away. Out of sight and out of mind.

Until I got to the bathroom and found more sprinkled generously on the floor. That's when it hit me. It's baby powder. Of course it is.

The timer went off, 30 minutes up and a whole bathroom to go. It was not a good day.

But I continued working anyways and once done I put my still fully stocked cart away.

Downstairs I placed my board on the desk and said, "it was fucking bad." I described the messy room and how I discovered the white powder.

"Of course it was," Sheri added. "Poor thing and after you said all that earlier too."

Finally able to go home, I happily dragged myself away from the office and prepared for the blessing of home.