~ vii ~

"Hey, Y/N!" a voice called from behind you, and spinning to see who the source of the voice was, you saw the bubbly brunette girl skipping over, her P.E kit already on. "Are you excited?"

"Hiya Ochaco! And I guess," you replied with a smile, tying up your shoelaces and standing up, stuffing your hands into your pockets. "I'm nervous but excited."

"There's a rumour going around that apparently if you do well, there's a bigger chance that a really good pro-hero will accept you as a future sidekick! They're watching us instead of the third years because of what happened at the USJ incident!" she beamed, clapping her hands together elegantly as she bounced back on her heels. "I'm sure you'll become a pro-hero without needing to be a sidekick, though."

"Thanks," you responded, realising that the two of you were the last pair in the changing rooms and that everyone had most likely gone up to the waiting rooms already. You quickly checked your phone and gasped loudly when you realised you were already running late. "Oh god, we're five minutes late! C'mon, we better run!"

As the two of you ran down the corridors and up a flight of stairs, you began to hear Present Mic's voice welcoming everyone to the stadium, and you tensed up, wondering how many people would be watching. You might've thought you performed well under pressure, but in reality, you were absolutely awful at it and that was one of your biggest flaws. Suddenly, you felt Uraraka touch the middle of your back, and suddenly, you were much lighter and almost floating.

"You'll be able to run quicker this way," she smiled, and you thanked her, noticing the entrance to the stadium only a few metres away. You breathed a sigh of relief when you noticed that not everyone had left yet, only a couple remained in the line. Quickly, you slipped behind them, Uraraka sliding beside you, and the pair of you relaxed with a smile. The person in front of you, Mezo Shoji, gave you a thumbs up with two of his hands, and Uraraka returned the gestures.

Standing in that arena was a dream you'd never thought you'd had until you stood there. The cheers and claps from the crowd made all your nerves disappear, and a smile crept its way onto your face. Uraraka squeezed your hand and began to wave, an expression of awe plastered on her cute face.

"Breathtaking, isn't it?" a male voice whispered beside you, making you flinch a little. You turned to the side to see Kaminari, his eyes wide and filled with wonder as he glanced around the stadium. "I'm so ready to beat you, Y/L/N."

"Hah!" you exclaimed with a laugh, punching him playfully in the shoulder as you waited in the middle of the crowd, unsure what was going on when you saw Bakugo wander up to the stadium beside Midnight. "What's going on?"

"I... don't know," Kaminari grimaced, standing on his toes to look over Sero and Shoji, who were blocking your view. "I think... oh no, he's gotta give a speech."

"Hide me, I can't look," you chuckled, trying to distract yourself from the embarrassment of a speech Bakugo was most likely going to give. You knew him enough from the past two months to know that he was most likely going to say something self-centred or something he'd most likely regret, and he did not disappoint.

Afterwards, there was a large booing from other students and quite a bit from the audience too, and you groaned, Kaminari and Uraraka face-palming beside you. "Great, now we look bad."

"Ah well, it's Bakugo, isn't it?" Kaminari replied nervously, scratching behind his ear. Then, he looked you dead in the face, and for the first time in a while, you were worried. He spoke in a lower tone, so Uraraka and no-one else would hear. "Y/N, promise me you won't overdo it? If you hurt yourself, give up. I know that's against your morals but please, for me, don't go too far to the point of no return."