~ xl ~

"Y/N? Are you alright?"

"Huh?!" you exclaimed, the bubbly pink-haired girl making you jump. She was looking over at you from across the room, her legs tightly crossed beneath her as she sat comfortably on the grey fluffy carpet. Sero and Kaminari were too busy playing Final Fantasy on the PlayStation they'd bought in with them to even notice your sudden worried expression, but of course, Ashido did. 

Before you even had time to respond, your phone began to ring, and it stunned pretty much everybody. You gulped, noticing the familiar number of your mother flash on your screen, and you pointed up a finger indicating that you'd go outside to take it. 

What would it be about? Your mum rarely ever called you since she was way too busy providing care for your sister and working, so this must be important. You held your breath, exited the dorm room and pressed answer.

"Hey, Y/N," her familiar voice echoed down the line, and you relaxed. "How are you?"

"I'm pretty good, thanks," you smiled, glad that it was just a catch-up call. Or so you thought. "Everything's going really well, Mum! Would you believe it?"

"I'm glad it is... but we have some bad news, sweetheart," she sighed, and your eyes widened. You grasped the phone tightly and your heart sunk. "Can you tell me about everything another time?"

"S-sure!" you stuttered, trying not to let the happiness in your voice fade to worry her or make her feel guilty. "What's up?"

"Well, your father has lied to me about many things, and now I'm not so sure about wanting to keep you at U.A," she answered, a sad tone in her voice. In disbelief, you laughed, sure it was April Fools Day.

"What are you talking about?" you asked with a chuckle, raising your eyebrows. "That's just ludicrous!"

"I don't like you being at home with your father anymore," she replied, her voice low and serious. "He lied to me about your injuries and your disappearance. He didn't even tell me that you'd gone missing, and you weren't attacked by villains. I only found out because of the news. I don't appreciate this, and I know you'd love to be a hero, Y/N, but couldn't I take you to a hero school much closer to where I live? You'll be so much happier there, I promise you! U.A isn't a safe school for you, and if I go to court, I can save and protect you-"

"Mother," you whispered, loud enough for her to hear. You were filled with intense anger, pain and worry, all for the same reason. You didn't want to leave U.A at all, and although you could see her reasoning, you thought it was stupid and didn't want to listen to her pathetic excuses anymore. "I'm not leaving U.A. I guess Dad didn't tell you that we got given dorms, either, so I literally live at this school now. I don't care what you're going to say to me, with all due respect, but you can't convince me to leave this place I call home. Mother, I actually have friends now! Hell, I even have a boyfriend!"

"You'll get over them soon enough," she snapped suddenly, her calm and sad demeanour vanishing instantly and catching you off guard. Rage flowed through your veins, and you were about to punch the wall. How dare she think such a thing! "Teenage relationships don't last, trust me. Anyway, you'll make new friends at this new school! I heard there hasn't been a bullying scandal since last year-"

"SHUT UP!" you yelled, almost feeling steam shoot from your ears. Then, everything went silent. The chatting from everyone's dorms, your mother's voice and your own. You realised what you'd just said, and you gulped. "I mean... sorry, I didn't mean to say that. I just..."

"If U.A is making you act out like that then I'm forcing you out of that school," she said sternly, seemingly not affected by your outburst. Instead, it seemed to fuel her flame even more. "Nobody is changing my mind now. Do you understand? You're enrolling in Kirokoko High School next month if it's the last thing I do."

"You can't do that!" you exclaimed, desperately tugging at your hair. "I won't let you! I won't!"

"Y/N?" 

You spun around to see Ashido, Sero and Kaminari poking their heads out the door, wide-eyed and looking at you in confusion. Then, the black-haired male wandered out and asked for you to hand the phone over, and, knowing he'd be better in such a situation, you passed it. Smiling gently at you, he then pressed the phone to his ear and continued the conversation. Ashido and Kaminari pulled you back into the dorm room, tears prickling in your eyes.

"It's gonna be alright, Sero will sort it out for you," Ashido promised, a gentle smile on her face. "It's all going to be fine!"

"It won't be..." you muttered, wiping your eyes with the back of your cardigan sleeve. "Not if she gets her own way..."

"What happened, anyway?" Kaminari asked, sitting you down on the bed and wrapping an arm around your shoulders, his eyes full of concern. "Who was it? Sounded pretty intense..."

"My stupid mother..." you hissed, wrinkling your nose in disgust. "I thought she was better than that."

"What has she done?" Ashido asked, putting her hand on your thigh and rubbing it with her thumb comfortingly. "Y/N, please tell us!"

"She wants me to go live with her away from my dad because he's dangerous, but she lives two hours away!" you exclaimed, a tear slipping down your cheek. Kaminari cocked his head, still oblivious to what this meant, but Ashido managed to catch on easily. "That'd mean I'd have to move school, and her great idea of a school is that awful Kirokoko High. I'd never see any of you guys again, the only people apart from my sister who I've ever cared about, and when I said that, she said you don't matter and teenage relationships don't matter. I'd get over you soon enough. So I kinda yelled at her. She wouldn't listen, and now she's determined to get me out of U.A and away from everybody and-"

"I convinced her," Sero interrupted, shutting the door behind him and passing you the phone back with a smile. You stopped talking, your mouth still agape as you tried to figure out what he'd said. "You're staying here, Y/N!"

"How!?" you cried out, a wide smile appearing on your face as you jumped up and pulled him into a tight hug. "What did you say to her?"

"I simply told her that U.A was the best thing going for you, and I'd never seen you so happy in my life," he said with a chuckle, his arms around your waist and low-key surprised at the emotions you were so obviously showing. "She trusts me a lot, that woman, and would believe anything I say, so of course it worked."

"Hanta, I cannot thank you enough," you said, pulling away and flopping onto your bed, Kaminari and Ashido lying beside you. The lanky male lay beside Ashido, and although it was a tight fit for all four of you to lay on a double-bed, you managed to make it work. Kaminari took your hand in his and squeezed it, looking at you with cheery eyes. 

"I don't know what we'd do without you, Y/N," Kaminari said, kissing you on the cheek. 

However, there was a tight knot in Sero's stomach. He didn't know whether to tell you the truth or hide it. Your mother had told him something and he didn't know what to do. His head was spinning, and although he managed to keep the smile on his face, he thought he'd cry. 

What was he going to do?