~ xvi ~

Denki ✨💛

Denki ✨💛:
- sooooooo... 😜
- what you up to on this fine evening, huh?
- thinking about our study date? 😗

Y/N:
- it's not a date XD
- just some time to ourselves in a coffee shop
- studying :3

Denki ✨💛:
- so a date? 😊😊

Y/N:
- ughhh you're so annoying XD
- if calling it that makes you happy, then we'll call it that :)

Denki ✨💛:
- hehe 1:0 to me 😃

Y/N:
- awh shush
- my dad thinks you're just a friend right now, so don't tell him anything

Denki ✨💛:
- we're more than friends?? 🤔😏

Y/N:
- what?!
- i never said that??

Denki ✨💛:
- read four messages back and you'll realise that you implied it 😏🤩

Y/N:
- you know what i meant lmaoo

Denki ✨💛:
- do I?
- anyway, it was nice to see you back in class, Y/N 😄
- you looked much better

Y/N:
- even with bags under my eyes??

Denki ✨💛:
- even with bags under your eyes 😀

Y/N:
- omg you're so sweet XD

Denki ✨💛:
- what time are we meeting again?
- an hour, right? 😏

Y/N:
- don't make me nervous!!
- toru and ochaco are already teasing the hell out of me XD

Denki ✨💛:
- tell me about it!
- Ashido, Sero and Kirishima keep teasing meeeee

Y/N:
- that's karma for ya ;)

Denki ✨💛:
- also, is it just me or did Bakugo seem a little more easily irritated than usual? 🤔

Y/N:
- a bit
- he didn't say a word to me all day, so i messaged him and he left me on read

Denki ✨💛:
- strange, isn't it?
- he kept blasting off at Midoriya for no reason and even flipped me off when I tried to make conversation
- it's usual for him to insult us, but to completely block us out and ignore us is very very unusual...

Y/N:
- has he been like it all week?

Denki ✨💛:
- nope 😐
- according to Kirishima, he only started acting up today
- of course, nobody else has noticed but us three
- Sero didn't really care too much, and everyone else brushed it off as his nasty behaviour

Y/N:
- something's probably on his mind rn, if he's the same in a couple days, i'll talk to him
- in person

Denki ✨💛:
- I'm sure he'll talk to Kirishima about it
- or at least Kiri will try and get him to 😅

Y/N:
- fair enough
- also, what are you wearing?
- i don't wanna come underdressed or overdressed lol

Denki ✨💛:
- just casual heh

Y/N:
- ok, i will too :)

Denki ✨💛:
- anyway, I'll see you there 👋🏼👋🏼
- someone's at the door lol

Y/N:
- oh, ok!
- see you soon :)

----

"Y/N, you're supposed to leave in twenty minutes! Are you ready yet?" a voice from outside the bathroom called, and you sighed, tidying your hair since it'd gotten messy from the cute beige turtleneck you'd just pulled on. Glancing in the mirror, you grimaced as you noticed a smudge of dirt under your chin that'd probably been there from school. Wiping it off, you opened the door to see Sero, an annoyed expression on his face as he stood there in his navy blue pyjamas. However, seeing you made his attitude seem so much better, and his grim look turned into a satisfied expression.

"How do I look?" you asked him nervously, giving him a twirl. You'd decided to wear a pair of black skinny jeans and a turtleneck, with a grey tank-top underneath in case you got too warm. It was nearly summer, after all. He gave you a thumbs up.

"You look great!" he beamed, giving you a high-five as the two of you wandered into his bedroom. He flopped onto his bed, turning on his phone to see two notifications from Sato about the English homework. "Ugh, how does Sato expect me to help him? I don't even know it myself!"

"Let me have a look," you insisted, taking the phone from his hand and plonking yourself beside him on the bed, his head glancing over your shoulder to watch. You enlarged the image to see Sato's homework sheet that he'd attempted, but very obviously gotten wrong.

"He's worried that if he doesn't do well in this, he won't get an internship," Sero muttered, but loud enough to hear. You cocked your head, this being the first time you'd heard of such a thing.

"Internships?" you asked, and Sero's eyebrows raised, his mouth turning into an 'O' in understanding.

"Nobody's told you, have they?" he asked slowly, and you shook your head. "Do you at least know what they are?"

"Of course I do!" you chuckled, letting out a sigh of exasperation. "I'm not stupid. But I wasn't expecting them to come so soon!"

"Yeah, we got slips with names of heroes who wanted us," he explained, stretching over to his desk to pull out two folders, one with his name on and the other with yours. He handed you the envelope that was addressed to you, and you tore it open, papers flying out and into your lap. "Todoroki got the most requests, you and Bakugo being the runner-ups. I think you got over 900 people wanting you."

Your eyes widened, and you glanced down at the stapled-together pieces of paper, and you flipped through them. Surely enough, there were tons of names of heroes who wanted you, and a little burst of pride flooded your veins. However, something bugged you, and you quickly flicked to the page which had names beginning with G and H (luckily, it was in alphabetical order), and sure enough, there was your father's hero name. You scowled.

Sero saw your disgusted look, and he grimaced. "Yeah... he also requested for Kaminari too."

"WHAT?!" you exclaimed, eyes wide in shock. "Oh god... this is bad!"

Kaminari would most likely choose Human Zeus as his internship, but not because he'd learn anything. He'd probably do it out of spite, and to show the man that he wasn't afraid of him.

"I know," Sero muttered, scratching the back of his neck while stretching his legs. "He said that if you went with your father, which is likely, he'd go too."

"Great," you said sarcastically, massaging your temples. "It's unlikely my father would treat me like a daughter at this internship, but then again, he never has done. I've gotta go with my father, or people will get suspicious, and father will probably kill me if I don't. Plus, if we got into an argument, Kaminari would probably lose his temper and try and... I dunno, shock him? Which would completely destroy Kami's chance at becoming a hero and-"

"Woah woah woah, calm down Y/N!" Sero exclaimed, you realising that you'd just gone on a muttering spree like Midoriya. "Kaminari may seem stupid, but he's not. Well, most of the time he isn't. He probably said that out of spite or he was just 'in the moment', as people say, but I doubt he'll do anything that will upset you. I promise. And if he does, he's gonna see the wrath of me."

You laughed, shaking your head at your childhood best friend. However, before you could continue the conversation, your alarm went off, and you knew that you were already running late. Eyes wide, you cursed to yourself, quickly pulled out a pair of floral boots from underneath Sero's bed and pulled them on. Then, before you left, you quickly pulled Sero into a tight, wholesome hug before leaving the house.