~ xlix ~

"When are the others coming?" you asked, glancing up at Yaoyorozu who was searching through your wardrobes. "It's been twenty minutes since you said they were coming."

"Y/N, don't worry," Yaoyorozu smiled, glancing over at you with her pretty face. "If they don't come, we'll go to them!"

"Surely it'll be easier to just chill in the dorm rooms?" you asked, a little bored. You loved Yaoyorozu with your whole heart, but for your birthday, you wanted to spend it with everybody. You'd never had a birthday party; your father never allowed it, and to you, it was just you getting older. But seeing all your new friends have these fun parties completely changed your mind, and you wanted one. Although you'd been in classes during your birthday and people had wished you a happy birthday, you still didn't want it to end like this. 

"We can go down in about ten minutes if you like," she said, not giving anything suspicious away. "Ooh, what's this?"

She pulled out the familiar honey-coloured hoodie that Kaminari had given you at the hospital, and your cheeks flushed pink. It was obvious that it wasn't yours since it was a men's size and a bit too big for you. Also, it still had Kaminari's scent on it, and Yaoyorozu looked at you with a raised eyebrow. 

"Whose hoodie is this then?" she teased, holding it up in front of you. Covering your face in embarrassment, you reached out to grab it but missed. Of course, she was much taller than you, even with flats, and you pouted. "Kaminari's, is it?"

"Shut up!" you laughed, jumping but still missing. "Maybe."

"That's what I thought," she giggled, throwing the hoodie onto your face. You held it close, brushing your fingers against the warmth of the hoodie and thinking back to the day he gave it to you. Then, you looked up at her and wondered how you'd gotten so lucky. She was intelligent, rich, kind-hearted... and drop-dead gorgeous.

Today, she'd decided to keep her hair down, which just passed her shoulder-blades, and wore an off-shoulder lilac jumper tucked into a darker purple plaid skirt. She also wore a pair of crisp white knee-high socks and black flats. You wondered how the hell you'd got such a gorgeous best friend, but as she always reminded you, you are beautiful too. 

Suddenly, she got a notification from her phone. She quickly pulled it out of her pocket, glanced at the text and smiled brightly. Then, she looked over at you and said, "You know what, let's go downstairs."

You looked up at her confused, but she grabbed your hands and pulled you upwards. You quickly glanced in the mirror, standing a whole head shorter than Yaoyorozu, maybe even more. You'd chosen to wear a thin-strapped white top that tucked into a blue floral mini-skirt with skin-toned tights and white flats. You took a deep breath and took Yaoyorozu's arm before wandering over to the elevator and going down two floors. The black-haired girl quickly typed a message to someone before shoving her phone into her skirt pocket. 

Then, as soon as the elevator hit the bottom, you stepped out and-

"SURPRISE!!"

You were bombarded with confetti, party poppers/cannons and other strange things, and after you came back to your senses, a wide smile appeared on your face. Everyone from class 1-A were standing there, gifts in their hands and empty party cannons in their hands.

"Happy birthday, Y/N!" Kaminari beamed, rushing over and kissing you in front of everyone, causing a loud cheer amongst everyone. You were surprised, but you just melted into his arms. Sero and Kirishima wandered over with a bright smile on their faces.

"How did you like your surprise?" Sero asked, holding in his laughter. You pulled away and gave him and Kirishima a big hug, wrapping an arm around each of them.