~ xxvii ~

"So, erm... Y/L/N! We're team eight, right?!"

"Oh, yeah, sorry!" you chuckled, snapping out of your mini trance and focussing on the green-haired male who was standing awkwardly beside you, trying to avoid Bakugo's mini-tantrum of being paired up with Todoroki. "Yep, that's us!"

Before Midoriya had distracted you, you were thinking of Sato, Sero, Kaminari, Ashido and Kirishima, and how they'd just been taken to another harsh lesson with Aizawa. You wondered what they were like, as they hadn't really had much time to explain to you what it was. Either that or Aizawa had strictly forbidden them from talking about it, which was likely.

It had been two days since you'd fallen out with Bakugo, and he'd seemed to notice that you were avoiding him. It was true, you were trying to distance yourself as far as possible until you worked up the courage to speak to him, but so far, it wasn't really helping. According to Kaminari, Kirishima had spoken to him about the whole issue, so now both the redhead and Sero knew too. You'd managed to open up to Yaoyorozu about it, so she was the only female who knew because she'd promised not to tell, but she was extremely pissed off at the temperamental blonde for what he'd done. Nobody else knew, and you hoped it'd stay that way.

Looking up, you noticed that all of Class 1-B had been sent into the forest for the courage exercise, and the first pair, Shoji and Tokoyami had already entered. You took a deep breath and turned to Midoriya, who seemed to be muttering to himself. You couldn't tell if he was nervous or not, but you knew you were. Courage and working under pressure were your weaknesses, and you were easily jumpy.

"I am going to be so bad at this!" you groaned, shaking your head and gaining the attention of Midoriya. "I'm such a wuss!"

"Really?" he asked, somewhat surprised. "I thought you were really courageous! Seeing you in class and at the USJ incident, I thought you were really brave! Even in my notes, it says that one of your strengths is able to show confidence and bravery during battle, so civilians can stay calm!"

"Really?" you asked, flattered that he'd written up about you in his notes. "What else does it say about me?"

"W-well," he stuttered, flustered due to being asked about his hero-study notes. "You're capable of using both your quirks efficiently at the same time, and you'd be really good in higher-up, spacious areas! You're better at rescue than battle, which I think is r-really cool, and you're a born leader, able to tell others what to do efficiently and working well with pretty much everybody. When you were thrown into the conflagration zone with Ojiro at the USJ incident, you worked really well with his quirk, which was unexpected, and in the first Villains VS Heroes practical with All Might, you worked excellently alongside Sato against Aoyama and As- Tsuyu! Then, in the recent exam, you were up against Present Mic in a forest scenario, affecting both your ability to jump around and affecting Jiro's use of her earjacks, yet you both got through flawlessly!"

"Well, that little analysis has certainly lifted my spirits," you beamed, clapping your hands together. "Is there anything you think I could work on, Mr Note-Taker?"

"W-well, not much, but I did notice one thing," he muttered nervously, hoping to not offend you. You cocked your head, curious. "You get distracted pretty easily. I don't know if you mean to do it or not, and nobody has seemed to notice because it's very subtle, but you lose focus, and that could be your downfall."

"Ah, thank you!" you grinned, glad somebody was so upfront with you. "I'll try and work on that, Midoriya. Damn, I wish I had your analysis skills!"

"Hehe, thanks," he smiled, scratching the back of his neck nervously. "A lot of people think it's creepy that I take so much analysis, so it's nice that someone appreciates it! Should I keep doing analysis work on you? Would it be beneficial?"