~ xiv ~

You looked up from your phone, finishing off a fresh bowl of green grapes, and accidentally made direct eye-contact with Bakugo, the blonde, easily-aggitated male you'd least wanted to see. Sighing deeply, you put your phone down and rubbed your eyes, trying to convince yourself that Bakugo wasn't here to hurt you, and he definitely was not your father.

Anyone was better than that man.

"Hey," Bakugo grumbled, and you opened an eye to see him just standing there, his arms crossed over his chest and an expression on his face that you just couldn't understand. It was a mix of hurt, irritation, annoyance, anxiety and of course, anger. You just didn't get why he was so angry all of the time, but you couldn't be bothered to get into such an argument with him.

Smiling gently, you gestured with your head towards the rock-hard, very uncomfortable chair that pretty much everybody complained about. You mostly let people sit on the edge of your bed since it was better to sit on, but you weren't exactly sure how Bakugo would react.

That was the issue with him. With everybody else, you could easily tell how they were feeling or how they'd react to certain situations, but with him, it was almost impossible, so you just waited for him to complain before giving him an option.

"Hi," you replied as he sat down, looking beside you to the fruit bowl and scanning around for any snacks if he wanted anything. "You hungry?"

"I'm good," he replied with a shrug, not even looking you in the eyes. Instead, he looked down at his hands, which wouldn't stop moving. He seemed to be fidgeting, and you wouldn't notice his left leg bouncing up and down if you didn't look closely. "I... erm, I just wanted to apologise, I guess."

"It's fine," you replied, cringing at the incredibly awkward tension that strung in the air. You tried not to look at him and get distracted by something else, but in a hospital ward, there was nothing. You just prayed this meeting would end quickly. "To be honest, you really didn't have to come."

"I know," Bakugo muttered, rolling his eyes as he sat up straight. You shifted uncomfortably. "But Shitty Hair insisted. I don't know what he wanted me to say."

"Well done for shifting the blame to poor Kirishima," you chuckled, hoping he'd take the joke. Surprisingly, he did, and a small, discreet smile appeared on his slightly tanned face. "What did you wanna talk about, anyway? You were the one who said you wanted to talk."

He froze for a second before putting his head in his hands and groaning in annoyance. "I guess it was originally about what you'd told me. I didn't know about your background and to be fair, I didn't care. But I don't want to be someone who reminds you of an abusive prick."

"Right," you sighed, sinking into your bed and massaging your temples, not exactly wanting to talk about that man at that point. "I mean, it's not your fault, is it?"

"Shitty Hair said I went too harsh on you, and Dunce Face keeps beating me up about it," Bakugo grumbled, rolling his eyes and not noticing your eyes light up. Well, maybe he did, but he completely ignored it. He also seemed to ignore the fact that you'd indirectly blamed yourself, which you expected someone like him to either point out or notice. "Soy Sauce just said that I did the right thing to win, but I dunno, those two just seem pissed at me."

"How's Ochaco, anyway?" you asked, changing the subject instantly so you didn't feel the burden of your father crushing your shoulders anymore. "Last time I saw her, she was a little beaten up."

"Ochaco..?" he asked, cocking his head, and you sighed, realising that he wasn't one for actual names and didn't know Uraraka's full name. When you explained that it was 'Round Face', he finally understood. "I dunno, I don't exactly hang around with such extras."

"Wow, you're such a charmer," you said sarcastically, raising your eyebrow and fiddling with your fingers, resting your head against the headboard. He glared but didn't say anything. It was as if his attitude had changed since the incident, and you were curious as to what had clicked in him. "Don't you interact with anybody in class?"

"I'm pretty much forced to by Shitty Hair," he mumbled, tucking his legs up into a cross-legged position, making you wonder how the hell that could be comfortable on such a chair. "So I guess I social a little bit, but I'd only class him as a good friend. Maybe Dunce Face, and maybe you..."

He said the latter so quietly that if there'd been any more noise, you wouldn't have heard it at all. A little grin appeared on your lips, and he scoffed. "So, when are you getting out of this shithole?"

"Tomorrow, hopefully," you beamed, fiddling with the hem of your pyjama top. Then, you reached into the table drawer beside you and pulled out a small box of chocolates she'd received as a gift. You opened up the box and offered him one, to which he raised an eyebrow. "Do you want one? There are a few fudges left, some strawberry creams... even a vanilla cup! Ooh, and there's a dark chocolate toffee-"

"Who got you those?" he asked, taking one of the fudges and eyeing it suspiciously. "Is this some sort of attempt to poison me?"

"You're so paranoid!" you sighed, taking one of the strawberry creams and popping it in your mouth, the smooth texture satisfying your tastebuds. "Some friends got me them as a little gift. Or maybe a Get Well Soon gift... I dunno."

His eyes widened for a split second, and you were sure you saw a hint of jealousy... but why? He still ate the chocolate, and he quickly checked his phone to see the time flashing 7:12pm at him. Grumbling something under his breath, he stood up, and without saying anything, he walked out the room, giving you a quick look at your confused expression before waving and leaving.

"That was... weird," you said to yourself, looking down at your box of chocolates, deciding which one to eat next. Hmm... that vanilla cup sure looked tempting...

3rd Person P.O.V:

"Hey, Bakugo! Fancy seeing you here!"

Bakugo turned around in annoyance to see the two males he'd least wanted to see at such a moment. Groaning in dismay, he stuffed his hands into his pockets and raised his eyebrows at Dunce Face and Soy Sauce, the blonde carrying a large box of chocolates that was surely a gift for somebody. He was curious to find out who it was for, but he didn't want to seem too interested.

"You off shopping with your Mother, Kacchan?" Kaminari asked with a cheeky smile that Bakugo wanted to slap off of him. Then, he noticed the basket that Bakugo was holding, and he peered inside. "Ooh, what you got in there?"

"None of your business," the hot-headed male scowled, 'passing' the basket over to his distracted mother, who was gawking over the different pairs of shoes she could try on. "Who's the chocolate for?"

"None of your business," Kaminari teased, causing Sero to face-palm. The pair chuckled, Bakugo rolling his eyes for the fifth time that day. "Anyway, you been to see Y/N?"

"Why would I?" he asked, already planning in secret to go see her the next day. "It's not like she'd want to see me."

"We're going later," Sero said, fumbling with some money in his coat pocket. They'd also got a few other things like groceries they had to buy for family. Sero had a bag of chicken rice and a bunch of bananas in one hand, and Kaminari had almond milk in his left. "Kirishima couldn't make it, and he's pretty mad about it, and Ashido went with Yaoyorozu, Hagakure, Tsuyu and Jiro yesterday. I think everyone's gone to visit."

"I really don't care," Bakugo replied, shrugging his shoulders as he turned around. "Anyway, I'll see you around."

"Yeah, cool!" Sero said, waving before turning, and Bakugo was certain he heard the tape boy mention something about Y/N.

Now that he looked back at it, he was sure those chocolates were the same Y/N had offered him.