~ ix ~

Midoriya and Todoroki's fight lasted a very long time, and it ended with a huge explosion. Eyes wide, you were shocked at Midoriya's tactics. From what you'd seen, the green-haired boy had tried to coax the heterochromatic's fire out of him, which you thought was so careless but also a wonderful thing to do. Of course, Todoroki had won, and Midoriya had been carried off the pitch, completely unconscious.

Then, Iida was against Shiozaki, and Iida had won. It was a surprisingly quick round, with Iida managing to get a quick blow against her hair and head and knocking her out of bounds.

Now, it was your turn against Tokoyami.

"Good luck, Y/N!" Ashido and Jiro called, waving with a wide smile. You gave them an anxious thumbs up before leaving the stadium, taking a deep breath and nearly walking straight into Tokoyami.

"Ah, sorry!" you apologised. "I didn't see you there."

"It's alright," he replied, scratching behind his neck nervously. "I'll see you out on the battlefield, Y/L/N."

"Yeah," you responded quietly, feeling your heart in your throat again. "I'll see you out there."

Rushing down the hall, you made sure to look both ways, hoping to dear God you wouldn't end up walking into your father again, but instead, you almost walked smack bang into Endeavour. Of course, he recognised you, knowing that you were your father's daughter immediately. He glared, which you returned.

"Y/L/N," he said, and you curled your lip. "You've become powerful."

"Yes, and what about it?" you asked, unable to look such an obnoxious man in the face.

"I see your father must be teaching you well," he sniffed, shaking his head. "I was hoping you'd get to fight against Shoto, to see who's the most powerful, but unfortunately, we won't be seeing that. Unless you both get into the final, which for you, is unlikely."

"I'll have you know that we're both as powerful as each other, thank you very much," you sighed, rolling your eyes as you wondered how someone could be so egotistical. "And both of us were trained in the wrong way and by absolutely awful people, so don't you dare think you should be proud of yourself."

Before he could even respond, you walked past him, suddenly running down the corridor when you heard Mic's voice, introducing your battle. Once again, you only just made it in time, hoping that running out of breath wouldn't be a disadvantage.

Strolling confidently onto the stage, you stood there, waiting for Midnight's call. Something different about your previous fight and this one was that you knew nothing about Tokoyami's strategies, strengths and weaknesses, whereas with Ashido, you knew almost everything about the way she fought, which is why you won so easily.

As soon as the fight started, Dark Shadow came straight for you, and somehow, you expected this. You leapt up into the sky, giving yourself boosts each time it got too close to you, and you made a bolt with enough voltage to shock that but not Tokoyami. You lifted up the bolt, and before you'd even thrown it, you noticed Dark Shadow's eyes widen, and it backed away. Confused, you boosted yourself again, trying to keep yourself at a steady level without exhausting yourself, then, you threw the bolt at the shadow, the think running away from it before it could even hit it. You zoomed back to the ground and as soon as your feet the floor, it went for you again, Tokoyami looking a little nervous as you created a second bolt.

Stepping backwards, you aimed again, Dark Shadow shrinking back into Tokoyami's body as you went to shoot it. Guessing, you assumed that Tokoyami's weakness was light or something similar. An unintentional yet smug smirk appeared on your face, and you noticed a subtle flinch from Tokoyami when realisation sunk in. Within seconds, you'd shot the bolt at him, pinning his shirt against the ground. You jumped on top of him, pinning him to the ground. Dark Shadow was stuck, with no way of attacking you due to the shimmer of the lightning bolt stuck into the ground.