18.

"Why?" Was all Ozzy could say or ask.
"Well if you'd be kind enough to sit down, we can have a little story time can't we?" Lily offered a chair to Ozzy. He hesitated before going and sitting down on it uncomfortably.

Flashback

"Today, i will be assigning your duet partners to compete for the regionals duet," Miss Angela told the dancers. No one was looking forward to it as they knew that Lily had automatically already won it, no matter what.
"The pairs will be as follows;
Noah and Jacquie
Henry and Amy
Kingston and Winnie
Richelle and Finn
Lily and Ozzy,
You'll have today and tomorrow to rehearse, now off you go," She continued to tell the troupe. Everyone separated into their pairs and Lily made her way to Ozzy. "We can rehearse in studio one." She told him. He shrugged and followed her as she led out of the room. When they got to studio one they both stood in the centre of the room.
"So, i've already thought of some great ideas. I was thinking we could start with a lift-, you look very uninterested. Am i boring you?" She asked. Ozzy stood facing her with his hands on his hips. He, same as everyone else, knew that lily was going to get a spot and so there was little point in trying. "I'm not interested actually," He told her. "Not interested? This is for a nationals dance! How are you not interested?" She asked, confused. "Because whatever i do- we do- your always gonna get chosen over us, don't you see that already Lily?" He told her, facing away and starting to stretch. Lily opened her mouth to argue back as she thought Ozzy was just being jealous, but then she stopped herself when she had nothing to say. She did know it was true, she saw the way her mum favoured her. And even though it was a nice feeling to have all the dances and be the main attraction, she did feel like it wasn't fair.
Everyone saw her as just as mean as controlling as her mum, when all she really wanted to do was dance and have fun doing it.
She stood and watched Ozzy for a moment, when she decided that she would have to change the way people viewed her. Starting with Ozzy.
"I do see it," She told him, making him stop and look at her. "And i know what you and everyone else thinks but i don't like it,"
Ozzy just continued to look at her while she was talking. "I didn't ask my mum to give me all the dances, and make me the centre of everything! I just don't want to disappoint her," She told him, trailing off and looking at the ground. Ozzy continued to stay silent for a while.
"We should get started on the dance," He finally said, taking a step back. "Yeah, sorry," She said, shaking her head. "And, Lily?" Ozzy added, "I believe you." Lily smiled at him before stepping back as well and starting to go through her ideas.
***
They had nearly finished& perfected their dance, and they were both too tired to continue. "I think it looks really good so far, we can clean it up tomorrow," Lily told Ozzy as he put her down from the finishing lift pose. Ozzy nodded, and wiped his forehead. "Yeah, that was fun," He told her. She froze. "f-fun?" She asked. He nodded again and went to get his water bottle. She didn't think anyone had ever had fun working with her. They normally got annoyed, even if they didn't show it Lily could just tell. It made her happy to know that she had made progress. They both got their stuff and walked out of studio one.
***
The next day they were both back in Studio one practicing their duet again. They were both happy and looking forward to it because of yesterday so the rehearsals went really well. After they were sure they had perfected their dance they took a break. "Do you want to go down to shakes and ladders and get a juice?" Ozzy offered. Lily nodded and followed him out of the room.
When they had got to shakes and ladders they both went to the till and ordered their juices. After they had got their juices they sat down at a table. At first they didn't say much but then lily pointed at his hand that was flat on the table. "That's a nice ring. Is it real gold?" She asked. Ozzy nodded and flipped his hand back and forth to show her. "It's my grandmothers. She gave it to me just before she died a few years ago," He told her. She nodded and looked down at the table. "Sorry for your loss," She said. "Thanks," He replied. They sat in silence for a while more. Lily kept sneaking glances over at him, and she noticed he was as well. She felt her cheeks burn up a bit, but she didn't know why. He was the only person to actually enjoy dancing with her, which filled her with joy. And now she blushed when he looked at her. Did she like Ozzy? How could she like Ozzy? Maybe she did? She shook her head to get rid of the thoughts.
"you alright?" He asked, noticing her shaking her head. She nodded, "I'm fine, I'm fine". He smiled at her, and she smiled back while blushing. She stopped smiling when the thought came back to her mind.
"You know.. your actually really fun to be around Lily," He told her. The smile reappeared on her face. "Your not so bad yourself," she half whispered. She was embarrassed now? She must of liked him. He was directly facing her now, just watching her. She kept blushing and trying to look away.
Almost simultaneously, they both leaned in to each other until their lips met. When they pulled away Lily was shocked. She'd never felt like this around someone.
Behind them. Kingston turned around in his seat to witness them kiss. His mouth dropped open.

"Wait Kingston? What does kingston have to do with this?" Ozzy asked, cutting Lily out of her story. Almost at the same time, The door opened to the room and Kingston walked in slowly. "Kingston! your here! Can you believe it was Lily!" Ozzy said, standing up.
"Oh he can believe it alright," Lily said, giggling to herself. "He knew it the whole time!" She continued. Ozzy looked between Kingston and Lily confused. Kingston had his head down. "You knew? Why didn't you say anything?" Ozzy asked him.
"Oh Ozzy, Would you rat out your partner in crime?" Lily asked sarcastically. Ozzy Just stared at Kingston. Kingston still had his head down and his hands in his pockets. "Is it.. true?" Ozzy asked, his voice shaky. Kingston looked up at him and nodded.